Author Topic: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned  (Read 117864 times)

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2008, 01:47:36 AM »
I also seem to be one of those who couldn't figure out how to turn the PipBoy flashlight on. I had to look that one up as well.

PipBoy has a flashlight? Lol. That would have been quite useful...

In the XBOX version you hold down B, rather than bringing up the PipBoy, it turns on its flashlight.

I think you hold Tab in the PC version.

Found it. Jesus, it wasn't just once that I thought how unfortunate it was that no flashlights survived the nuclear holocaust...

Silver Dragon

• Desert Nomad
  • Go rub two monkeys together and see what happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2008, 06:29:21 AM »
I cant seem to find where 'The Family' is. My next goal is to wipe out Paridise falls though.

Northwest Seneca Station. There are a couple of ghouls running a Jet-lab there, a room beside them is full of radioactive barrels. There is a sewer cover in there, go down and you're on your way.

Also here's a handy wasteland map I found.

Actually they're in Meresti Metro Station, but of the three possible locations the guy gives you when you ask where the Family might be, NW Seneca is the only one that will get you closer to them.  If you go through the sewer tunnels in NW Seneca, you have to deal with several Mirelurks while wandering around, if you go through Meresti Trainyard, you'll get there faster and only have to deal with a few traps here and there.  Then again, you'd have to find Meresti Trainyard on the surface first.
LISTER: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast.  In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. NO TOAST.
TOASTER: How 'bout a muffin?
LISTER: OR muffins!  OR muffins!  We don't LIKE muffins 'round here!  We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and DEFINITELY no smegging flapjacks!
TOASTER: Aah, so you're a waffle man!

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2008, 04:22:26 PM »
Speaking of which.. Sorry Ymir.. I kinda blew your head off whilest oblitorating Paridise Falls.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2008, 04:53:16 PM »
So I killed all the Outcasts at their base today. Found a ton of good stuff but of course I can't use the armor yet.  ::)  Still there was a minigun in perfect condition listed at 999 value. I also found a Plasma Rifle and alien ammunition but no alien gun.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »
So I killed all the Outcasts at their base today. Found a ton of good stuff but of course I can't use the armor yet.  ::)  Still there was a minigun in perfect condition listed at 999 value. I also found a Plasma Rifle and alien ammunition but no alien gun.
Oh, sweet. Now my alien blaster has extra ammo. Just need to start spending points in Energy weapons...
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:04 PM »

I like how I got MY Plasma Rifle. Get invited into the Brotherhood of Steel base. Pickup (Steal) a gun from the table and then ask the person to repair it for me.

That's chutzpah!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2008, 09:53:53 PM »
I got Dogmeat! I can't believe I didn't notice the Junkyard near Minefield. Of course, I came from the other direction and went down the mountain to minimize any walking on the mines so that might be why I didn't see the junkyard.

I almost talked myself out of the THOSE quest by being sarcastic to the kid. I have Hoopy to thank for finding that quest. I swam and drank the waters of the Potomac to get radiation poisoning and that's where I found the kid.

How do I get the Oasis quest started?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »
Some amusing FO3 Videos:

Chuck Norris:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8Ae-kafF0

40 Frag Mines and 1 Old Man:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwVDgTxr7fM

40 Frag Mines on Tour:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jowfxw-f_EE
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2008, 06:39:14 AM »

I like how I got MY Plasma Rifle. Get invited into the Brotherhood of Steel base. Pickup (Steal) a gun from the table and then ask the person to repair it for me.

That's chutzpah!

i got mine from the dead, deceased corpse of an Enclave soldier :P

also, i made one fly high in the air a few days ago. plasma grenade + nearby car = sky high Enclave. he actually survived falling though.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2008, 11:12:29 AM »
Another way is from the Replicated Man quest. Taking a certain option gets you the unique version of the Plasma rifle. Unfortunately the option I took ended the quest abruptly (that was not looking for the androids new ID and giving Zimmer the part to bluff him into thinking he was dead) and I didn't get it. So I got several from the Enclave troopers I kept killing. The troopers also came in handy for repairing my power armour.

Said Plasma Rifle then got the first workout against the slavers in Paradise Falls. 10 minutes later all of them got reduced to piles of goo.

Getting the unqiue Combat Shotgun was fun. It's held by a trader you have to shoot your way through to reach. As he was in a raider camp I blew his head off and swiped it from his cold dead fingers and it gives no negative karma. Then I nicked his keys and helped myself to his stock.

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2008, 03:27:30 PM »
I had him repair all my gear, then I blew his head off.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
I played the ending again and sent Lyons into the radiation.

It was for the greater good. Since I'm the most capable heroine, the wasteland would BENEFIT from me living and wouldn't have to depend on a second rate heroine like Lyons (who gets her own men killed).

I told her Good Luck to make it easier on her. I even sent (Some say pushed) Fawkes into the room so she'd have some company.

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »
I just finished and I must say I really enjoyed it, though I agree that the ending was lacking. How much more work would it have been to tack on a few 'outcomes' for major areas, or characters, depending on how you interacted with them? I saved before ending so I can go back and finish up the Nuka Cola Challenge, and find a couple more Bobbleheads, or just run around the wastes before trying the game again, but evil this time. :)

Here is a pic of my dog, my mutant, my annoying butler, my Bobbleheads and the comfy chair where i was compelled to sit before i exited the game every night!   OCD ftw :)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2008, 03:46:47 PM »
I discovered the "wondermeat" machine last night. It's an experiment some guy was working on to make a new and better source of food. I killed the guy and found the machine which you can use to make wondermeat. I'll leave the ingredients to your imagination for now but it's actually a good healing food at +20 health for only +2 rads. If you want to look around for the machine then head down into the Jury Street Metro Station.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2008, 06:10:04 AM »
hehe I just found that myself.

Oh and it's so nice taking advantage of the stupid saps in the Outcast.

'Oh, I have some technology for you!' 'Whatcha got' "Scrap!' *hands over two*

Uh.. I want da gernades.

*pickpockets the scrap back*

Uh.. I want da gernades.

Uh.. I want da gernades.

ect ect ect..