Author Topic: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned  (Read 117805 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2008, 06:29:06 AM »
hehe I just found that myself.

Oh and it's so nice taking advantage of the stupid saps in the Outcast.

'Oh, I have some technology for you!' 'Whatcha got' "Scrap!' *hands over two*

Uh.. I want da gernades.

*pickpockets the scrap back*

Uh.. I want da gernades.

Uh.. I want da gernades.

ect ect ect..

Nice Trick. I think I'll go do that. I started a new character specializing in explosives (just to see how it'll work out and surprisingly well)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
I've been a little disappointed with the heavy weapons so far. Only the Fat Man feels like a true big gun that does true big gun damage. This could be just a balance issue, because I've been playing it with the hardest difficulty,  but the minigun for instance feels more like a BB-minigun. Only after I got acquinted with Eugene did I start using one regularly. I hope they'll amp up the damage with upcoming patches.

Also the missile launcher would be much more fun if the weapon condition wouldn't affect damage, but there would be an increasing chance that it blows up on your face.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:40:01 PM by Morb »

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »
It's fun

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2008, 04:02:20 PM »
It's fun

Um... Can't resist to ask for directions. I've been scouring the wasteland for quite a while now, but I haven't found out where the Outcast base is. I tried to follow one of their patrols once, but after fifteen minutes worth of walking they got eaten by a Yao Guai when I wasn't looking...

Just a general nudge to the right direction will suffice.  ;D

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2008, 04:20:08 PM »
The general direction to where you're looking for is NW of Tenpenny Tower, some way south of Megaton. If you've spotted Fairfax ruins it's not far from there.

On an earlier post, I too found the big guns (Fatman aside) to be somewhat lacking in the damage stakes. Eugene helped a lot, but that same reward option would mean passing up a set of Ranger armour, which I'm led to believe is the best non-power armour available.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:26:56 PM by Petrarch »

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »
I forgot to mention that I found some proto-type medic power armor in the sewers of Old Olney. I was just exploring a bit and wandered into the area. There are Deathclaws about so you have to be ready for some tough fights (at least at level 11 like I am) but there was also a Fat Man and a Missile Launcher down there if you need repairs on the ones you have.

It's one of the two places I have to go back to now that my lockpicking is up to 100 as there's a door I couldn't get in to my first time there. Oasis is the second one since I slaughtered everyone in town after they wouldn't let me into the caves.  ;D

Oh and since I'm going full evil with this guy I took the Cannibal perk. It could be better as it only restores three slivers of health ( I think) but it's ok I guess.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:02:38 PM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2008, 06:49:20 PM »
I picked up Charon as a follower. He's the ghoul whose contract is owned by the ghoul that owns the bar in Underworld (or whatever ghoul town is called). I had to kill another ghoul there for him and he hands over the keys to Charon as it were. Then Charon does something rather funny in a ghoulishly violent sort of way.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »
I was levelling slower than everyone else in irc, and i finally realised that i was getting almost no exp because of Fawkes - he would run in an kill everyone  before i could freakin turn around in a tunnel - he massacred most of Paradise Falls ibncluding the Behemoth while i was still picking my way down the hillside! So i started leaving him behind at home so i could actually level up!

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2008, 08:26:24 PM »
I'm clearly too good of a killing machine since I hit level 20 before I even finished half of the main quest. I've been running around in leather armor to make things more interesting (plus it makes me look so damned stylish).

I finally managed to make the railway gun, and love it almost solely for the little 'woo-woo' noises it makes when it fires. :P

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2008, 08:36:07 PM »

I finally managed to make the railway gun, and love it almost solely for the little 'woo-woo' noises it makes when it fires. :P

I look forward to hearing that excuse in a court of law |:)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »

I look forward to hearing that excuse in a court of law |:)

It worked for this guy for years

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »
I forgot to mention that I found some proto-type medic power armor in the sewers of Old Olney. I was just exploring a bit and wandered into the area. There are Deathclaws about so you have to be ready for some tough fights (at least at level 11 like I am)

I went into the Deathclaw Sanctuary at level 4 just for the bobblehead. Fortunately, it's near the entrance. Unfortunately, there's a deathclaw patrolling outside. I managed to avoid him, but upon entering and heading down the stairs, a deathclaw immediately came near the entrance and saw me and ran up to me. So I reloaded from the autosave point. This time around, no deathclaw at all in the entrance. Got the bobblehead and the other loot around the dead brahmin and high tailed it out of there. Right now I'm having fun bouncing between the Bethesda building and Vault 106. I really need to find a vendor other than the scavenger by Hamilton's Hideaway who's open 24 hours, though. I mean, occasionally the Doc in Megaton is loaded with caps, and even on rarer occasions Gob the bartender, but the shops closing at night thing is really cramping my style.

Oh, and I headed up to the scrapyard due to finding the note from the corpse who stole from his brother or whatever (the corpse was conveniently located at Bethesda, from what I understand though, the corpse can actually appear in multiple places). And I managed to jump the fence just as dogmeat was finishing up his slaughter of raiders.

Of course, later on one my runs back to the Hamilton's Hideaway scavenger, I was talking to the scav when I discovered that Dogmeat was missing. I finally found him, battling a mirelurk. I got there just in time to see him die. So I reloaded. This time no mirelurk. However, another trip to the guy later did produce another mirelurk. This time I was ready. I ran up to it with my combat shotgun (looted from the armory in Megaton,  yeah, I'm a good guy, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to loot the weapons there earlier), and one shot to the face blew it apart.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

lara

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2008, 09:13:59 PM »
the shops closing at night thing is really cramping my style.

hehe i know, i once spent ages shopping in rivet city as they were about to close, i think i went afk at one point and came back, closed trading window and the whole place was empty except for 3 guards all yelling at me to get the hell out of the marketplace or there would be trouble!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
the shops closing at night thing is really cramping my style.

hehe i know, i once spent ages shopping in rivet city as they were about to close, i think i went afk at one point and came back, closed trading window and the whole place was empty except for 3 guards all yelling at me to get the hell out of the marketplace or there would be trouble!

I killed those guards.  ;D

I found it funny that I wiped out basically half of Rivet City all because things spiraled out of control when someone saw me stealing something and I went to another floor of the place and everyone went back to talking to me again. Which was fine with my character because that person shouldn't have been looking at me anyway and if she hadn't said anything I wouldn't have had to wipe out all those people. So it's all her fault really. *nods*

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2008, 09:21:45 PM »
I'm more of a hoarder - guns and armour are far more valuable as spare parts so I end up selling very little, compounded by the fact I end up tossing loads of stuff away just so I'm not overweight. I take whatever I can and stuff it in the house for later on.

Ammo rarely seems to be a problem once you get going, as I have a habit of putting a bullet through everyone I see rather than running so hoovering it all up saves looking for a vendor.

I did mess up the Strictly Business quest as I shot the guy without asking questions as I was tired of him shooting at me.