Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 27117 times)

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Fallout 4
« on: June 03, 2015, 03:52:53 AM »

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 06:20:23 AM »
It's Happening Ron Paul
http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif
But it'll help

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »
Eight years of hoaxes and 'we'll see's...

I'm not getting my hopes up, I fear that F4 has the HL3 effect on me, where it's just been too long to get hyped up about it.  :(
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:25:53 PM »
I hope Bethesda has learned from Obsidian how to make a post-apocalyptic world that is cohesive and alive for this one.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 04:08:08 PM »
But it'll help

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »
checking in from the Hype Train!
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »
From the looks of it, they have improved the overall colour and look of the game. The gameplay segments of the trailer look amazing, the CG bits... a little less so but I can deal with that.

The feral ghouls look amazing as do most of the creature and location designs and the whole game looks very atmospheric and alive, I look forward to it.

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 05:41:09 AM »
Pretty stoked, but...

Given that FO3 was a huge success for the series and Bethesda, and judging by the trailer, I'm sure they'll stick with the same formula.  Honestly though, that would suck. I couldn't imagine playing a game like FO3 now and being blown away, since many other games have taken design cues from FO3 since then. It was cool 6 years ago, but now not so much. I wish they would take some risks and inspirations from 1, 2 and NV but I don't see it happening. Also, frankly the graphics in the trailer look very bad by modern standards. I expect lots of invisible walls and detailed but static and totally non-interactive environments.

I hope Bethesda has learned from Obsidian how to make a post-apocalyptic world that is cohesive and alive for this one.

Agreed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:43:28 AM by KMD »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »
Pretty stoked, but...

Given that FO3 was a huge success for the series and Bethesda, and judging by the trailer, I'm sure they'll stick with the same formula.  Honestly though, that would suck. I couldn't imagine playing a game like FO3 now and being blown away, since many other games have taken design cues from FO3 since then. It was cool 6 years ago, but now not so much. I wish they would take some risks and inspirations from 1, 2 and NV but I don't see it happening. Also, frankly the graphics in the trailer look very bad by modern standards. I expect lots of invisible walls and detailed but static and totally non-interactive environments.

Agreed.

From what I've heard, another company made the CG dog scenes for the trailer, other than Bethesda, the ingame scenes look quite good to me.

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 03:29:30 PM »
Also...

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
Pretty stoked, but...

Agreed.

Hm, interesting points. But I'm probably still gonna get the game  :D
But it'll help

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »
We'd still buy it if it was still isometric I'm sure  ;D, NV was superior because of the setting and feel if they tie that down it's going to be an awesome game.

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »
I've actually never played NV but I guess this helps give me a reason to.

I didn't think the graphics looked that bad and it did seem to fit the theme as well as the later graphics looking better once they started showing off Boston. As long as the gameplay is solid I'm good.

And now to bide my time until the steam summer sale to buy some Fallout games since my CDs are far away.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:50 AM »
Main problem with NV was that it was buggy as hell. Obsidian is great at making interesting worlds, not so much at bug testing.

But if you get it for PC, by this time between official patches and mods, there shouldn't be many bugs left.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »
I don't remember NV being littered with bugs, at least not to the degree that most people have said. I remember someone telling me that NV was so bad, that it was unplayable and it baffled me completely, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was just the 'cool' thing to say at the time.