Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 27217 times)

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm kinda happy with letting my character to actually say what they are "saying"
But it'll help

TheVaultDweller

• Tangerine Target
  • Pelt me with tangerines until I change this text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
...Sony and Microsoft's patch policy (devs have to pay extra to release patches for their games).

Sony I could see, but Microsoft? Microsoft, the company that patches their OS to death because they can't get updates right the first time around, or the second .... third ... ever? I mean really, how many times can you release another update to fix the same damned thing?

I don't know, I played NV recently on Linux using WINE and on Windows 10. I didn't see any game breaking bugs, maybe they were fixed already, dunno. Either that or they're trying to play on outdated hardware. Only thing I really didn't care for was the shallow character development and having an otherwise pristine vault that was filled with cement.

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 04:54:12 AM »
Finally got the time to play and man....I *think* I'm halfway-ish through the main story line but there's an incredible amount of things to do I keep getting side tracked for DAYS.  :laugh:

I wonder if we'll ever learn what went on in other places like Russia or China after the bombs fell, I love all the places we get to visit but it'd be neat to have a DLC or somesuch dealing with a little bit of what happened outside the US. That's assuming I just haven't missed it if it's already there.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »
I don't have space for a full computer set up any more and if I ever manage to carve out a little it instantly gets filled with Children's toys.  I have however discovered Splashtop it's basically VNC software that allows full 3D acceleration so I've set up a modest gaming machine in the corner of the room and now I can play Fallout on my Macbook! I'm only a little bit through but it's awesome, it feels more Fallouty than Fallout 3 and very different from FO3 and NV.  I die a lot, far more so than the previous games but that may be my lack of practice.

I may get half way through in about a year.

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 06:08:22 PM »
Sometimes, I feel like I'm playing Borderlands when I'm playing Fallout 4.

Mostly in regards to A LOT of the quests being simple "go here and kill everything", no weapon degradation so you don't need to maintain your weapons (Even though it wasn't in the original Fallout games, I still liked it in FO3 and NV), I enjoyed the vocal character but the speech options are laughable and are an illusion of choice sometimes, you don't need to worry about your character too much at the beginning of the game because you can change ALL of your special skills.

Also no Ron Perlman.

Now there's this whole thing about people wanting Obsidian to make another Fallout

But it'll help