Author Topic: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned  (Read 117879 times)

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
I'm looking forward to the expansions. I just hope they have a proper ending. You know, with Ron Pearlman telling me how awesome I was in each place :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2009, 04:06:12 AM »
1.1 patch is up. patch notes are here: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/updates-v1.1updatenotes-US.html

this means DLC will soon follow  ;D

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2009, 01:37:47 PM »
Operation Anchorage has been confirmed for release on Jan 27th.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2009, 11:33:32 PM »
weeee, finally!

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »
weeee, finally!

Ooooo...where'd you pick up that cute little thing?

and the Vault Boy is nice too.  ;)

*runs away*
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2009, 02:10:26 AM »
He needs a tophat with a clover :P
Speaking of the Pipboy...

http://glittering-gems.page.tl/Fallout-Boy-Pictures.htm
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »
finally beat the main quest last night. as meh as the ending was, Take It Back was pretty cool.

ended it the evil way, naturally.  :P

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2009, 01:00:49 AM »
Poor Harold!  Actually, he's kind of an asshole in this one.  I suppose it's to make what you do to him easier on the player, but sheesh!  Three games in and this is the sendoff he gets?!
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2009, 07:32:01 AM »
Poor Harold!  Actually, he's kind of an asshole in this one.  I suppose it's to make what you do to him easier on the player, but sheesh!  Three games in and this is the sendoff he gets?!

There was a book that freaked me out when I was but a wee one. A meteorite hits the Earth and slowly turns people into plants. So you had people with feet of branches stuck to the ground, people with arms for twigs and even leaves coming out of people's mouths. What made it icky was the pictures of the people.

Pretty freaky stuff. Anyone know which book it is? Probably came out before the early 80s.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Silver Dragon

• Desert Nomad
  • Go rub two monkeys together and see what happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2009, 09:06:50 AM »

There was a book that freaked me out when I was but a wee one. A meteorite hits the Earth and slowly turns people into plants. So you had people with feet of branches stuck to the ground, people with arms for twigs and even leaves coming out of people's mouths. What made it icky was the pictures of the people.

Pretty freaky stuff. Anyone know which book it is? Probably came out before the early 80s.
Hmm, its not The Day of the Triffids, is it?  Sounds kind of similar, but I haven't read the book, just the synopsis here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Triffids  Nothing about the plants turning the humans into plants...
Or was it more of a story book kinda book (you mentioned pictures..)?

How about The Weeds, by Stephen King (later turned into a portion of the film Creepshow)?  Here's someone's list of Sci-Fi's deadly plants, maybe that'll help jog your memory!  http://io9.com/5102036/science-fictions-deadliest-plants

Or an episode of The All New Superfriends Hour!  http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/12236-Day_Of_The_Plant_Creatures.html  Cartoon Summary:  A meteor from outer space lands in a swamp, changing the plants into zombie-like creatures who change people into plants.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:14:17 AM by Silver Dragon »
LISTER: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast.  In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. NO TOAST.
TOASTER: How 'bout a muffin?
LISTER: OR muffins!  OR muffins!  We don't LIKE muffins 'round here!  We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and DEFINITELY no smegging flapjacks!
TOASTER: Aah, so you're a waffle man!

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »
Finally got my internet set up and will be going on 30 Day leave. yeah, they send us to fight at least they're giving us some leave time. GOing to sunny Barbados!!!

How's everyone doing this fine day?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »
Finally got my internet set up and will be going on 30 Day leave. yeah, they send us to fight at least they're giving us some leave time. GOing to sunny Barbados!!!

How's everyone doing this fine day?

Thanks for checking in. I was getting a little worried since you said you'd be shipped home in early January. Barbados sounds like fun and a well deserved vacation for you.  :)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2009, 04:47:54 PM »
I'm curious, aside from the extra 1% critical chance, is there any benefit to maxing out luck? I'm designing my build for my next character now (I'm one, maybe two hours from finishing my first run through of the game since I didn't end up getting it until around the end of December) and I have four free perk slots that I intend on using for Intensive Training.

I'm building an unarmed character and, assuming, even though I shouldn't have to say this due to the thread title, I will mention now that there will be a couple spoilers here

So anyway, I'm building the character and assuming I get every bobblehead, the lucky eightball, and the +1 strength from the quest "Those!", these are what my stats would look like before I add the four points from the four ranks of Intensive Training but after all the other bonuses and bobbleheads i just mentioned  (Also, I don't intend on using power armor) ((though if there's any other non equipment based stat bonuses that are slipping my mind, feel free to point em out to me)

Strength: 8
Perception: 7
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 2   (that's actually in character too, haha.)
Intelligence: 10 (this one is not so much in character, but man I loves me some skill points)
Agility: 6
Luck: 9

The way I figure it, with Unarmed and Melee not targeting in Vats mode, Agility becomes largely worthless except for as a pre-req to the silent running perk, and charisma will serve me no purpose. I'll spend two points to max out strength to increase carry weight and melee damage, but that leaves me with two points to spend. I'll probably put them both into endurance (since I intend on playing through on very hard and not wearing heavy armor on my next playthrough) but part of me is wondering if there's a benefit to having a full 10 luck, sort of like in past fallouts. If so, I might be willing to throw one of my last two points into Luck. If not, though, I'd rather have the extra health than the extra 1% critical chance.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »
The skill modifier, which is +5 to all, caps out at 9 for luck, so having 10 only nets you an extra 1% critical chance at that stage. Personally I prefer to keep luck around 6 (base value for getting the better criticals perk) and use the finesse perk instead as it rolls your combat as if your luck is 10 at that point.

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
Ahhh, but I am doing *both* m'lad! +14% critical chance, mmmmmm mmmmm

My critical percentage is gonna be through the roof! It's a shame there's no special little bonus for having a 10 in luck :( Random encounters, etc.

So that leaves me two remaining attribute points to split between endurance and/or perception. I'm still not sure if I want to put one point in each and go with an 8 perception 8 endurance or if I want to put both into endurance to make it 7Per 9End. It's probably best to put one in each, make sure I always know when enemies are around since I have no range, plan on wearing light armor and using very hard mode.