Author Topic: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned  (Read 117615 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »
Hell of a fight especially since he insists on using missle launcher in closed spaces.

Plasma rifle --> Headshot --> insta-dead whatever

:P

Bottlecap mine --> Fire a shot --> Run around corner --> Take loot to dealer
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2008, 06:40:03 AM »
Bottlecap mine --> Fire a shot --> Run around corner --> Take loot to dealer

>:(

Nuke --> Touch button --> kill all

*Dwarf strut*

;D
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
They occupy one of the bases.. northish of Tenpenny towers(not Fort Constantine though.. IIRC it's north of the Evermill place or whatever that huge Raider outpost is). You have to go pretty deep into the base and there is a named guy there(has a unique Combat Knife called Occum's Razor). So far as I can tell, he's the head hauncho of the Talon Merc outfit. Hell of a fight especially since he insists on using missle launcher in closed spaces.

Fort Bannister. And clearing out the entire base and killing the commander doesn't stop any of the bounty-hunting attacks on you. It just means you have a metric ton of loot to cart back to your batcave/lovenest/supervillain lair in the meantime.

Between the mercs and the raiders at Evergreen Mills, my money problems were solved.

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2008, 08:56:21 AM »
Inspired by the earlier vid, I decided to bring Chuck Norris in. I can already feel the awesomeness of mr. Norris seep in to the game. For instance, Chuck Norris stumbled upon the Outcast base even without looking. In fact, it was almost like the Outcasts looked him up.

But thanks for the nudge anyway.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:06:59 AM by Morb »

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »
Dunno, I wiped them out the base and killed the leader and didnt see anymore Talon Mercs at all and am very good.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »
Zero Punch reviews Fallout 3.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2008, 12:04:49 AM »

Hehe, I figured it would be one of the few he actually liked and he at least seems more approving of it than most other games he reviews.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2008, 06:01:49 AM »

Hehe, I figured it would be one of the few he actually liked and he at least seems more approving of it than most other games he reviews.

i'm surprised he didn't compare Mister Burke to Lucien Lachance (i realize it's the same actor, but it's also pretty much the same delivery).

also a bit disappointed that i wasn't able to collect from both Crowley and Tenpenny for You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head. i got the optional part to kill Mr. Crowley from Tennpenny but i also turned in all the keys from the people i killed (cept Dave whom i used speech on)... i was going to get my caps from Crowley, blast his head off and take the keys back, and then collect my caps from Tenpenny, but he was satisfied with those three and started to leave... killed him in the metro and went back to Tenpenny, who seemed to have completely forgotten the part where he said he'd give me 300 caps. bastard. he'll get his when i make my good character :P

also now i have Clover (slave from Paradise Falls) following me with Tesla Armour and a Combat Shotty. would be nice if you didn't have to look up what weapons they can use, the only hint you get is that they randomly ask for a better weapon.

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2008, 01:07:55 AM »
For the hell of it, I blasted Tenpenny's head off and threw his body off the balcony.

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2008, 05:02:28 AM »
Soo.. what are laser miniguns counted as? Energy or big weapons?

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »
Big Guns, I think.  Pretty sure one of the descriptions says it.  The "big guns" loading screen hint, I think it was.

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2008, 01:33:18 AM »
Bah.. Fawkes wouldnt go into the chamber.. that wuss.

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2008, 09:18:28 AM »
OMG, I KNOW!  How annoying is that?

"The chamber will be bathed in radiation."
"Hey, I've got a buddy here who eats that stuff for breakfast and helped me with a similar problem when I first met him."
"Sorry, this is YOUR fate and my writers were too lazy to write an ending where the player actually used their brain."

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2008, 10:16:26 AM »
OMG, I KNOW!  How annoying is that?

"The chamber will be bathed in radiation."
"Hey, I've got a buddy here who eats that stuff for breakfast and helped me with a similar problem when I first met him."
"Sorry, this is YOUR fate and my writers were too lazy to write an ending where the player actually used their brain."

Ok. No problem then. I have these 15 packets of Rad-X and 20 packets of RadAway. I'll take them every 15 seconds if needed. Since the Enclave guy survived in a trenchcoat, I can do it in my power armor and use the Radiation medicine as a backup.

No??????

Flooding the chamber with water would have been an better alternative. Ideally more than 3 outcomes would have been nice.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:24:52 AM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Kama

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2008, 08:09:48 PM »
Agreed. It was a completely cheesy lazy writer's ending. That's why on my other play-throughs, I'll only do the
main quest long enough for the enclave to show up so I can get their nifty guns and armour.