Author Topic: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned  (Read 116895 times)

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
Re: The official UV FO3 *SPOILERS* thread - you've been warned
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »
I've taken to loading my rock-it launcher with toys.  There's something perversely satisfying about blowing a raider's head off with a stuffed bear.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
I'm curious to see how far everyone is in as I've been taking my time and exploring the wastes.

To avoid major plot spoilers, I'll just list the quest names I've completed to give an idea of where I'm at.

"Escape!"
"The Power of the Atom"
"Big Trouble in Big Town"
"Blood Ties"
"Following in his Footsteps"
"Galaxy News Radio"
"The Replicated Man"
"Those!"
"Stealing Independence"
"The Wasteland Survival Guide" (Just have to go back to Megaton to hand this in to finish)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2008, 01:20:21 AM »
Finished quests -
"Baby Steps"
"Growing Up Fast"
"Future Imperfect"
"Escape"
"Those"
"Following in his Footsteps"
"Galaxy News Radio"
"The Power of the Atom"
"The Replicated Man"
"The Wasteland Survival Guide"

Current quests -
"Stealing Independence"
"Head of State"
"Scientific Pursuits"

So going off of Petrarch's list it appears the ones I somehow missed are "Big Trouble in Big Town" and "Blood Ties". Any idea who I talk to for these?

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Silver Dragon

• Desert Nomad
  • Go rub two monkeys together and see what happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2008, 02:27:51 AM »
So going off of Petrarch's list it appears the ones I somehow missed are "Big Trouble in Big Town" and "Blood Ties". Any idea who I talk to for these?

You have to find the settlement Big Town in the wastelands (roughly N-NW of Megaton), and there is another little settlement called Arefu that's on the remnants of a dead-end overpass where you can start Blood Ties.  actually there's a girl named Lucy somewhere that wants you to deliver a letter to her family in Arefu that might start the Blood Ties quest, can't remember where she is though...Megaton, I think.  Maybe Rivet City...

As for my quest list, from the top..err, bottom:
Completed
Baby Steps
Growing Up Fast
Future Imperfect
Escape!
Following in his Footsteps
Those!
The Power of the Atom
Blood Ties
Big Trouble In Big Town
The Replicated Man
Reilly's Rangers
Galaxy New Radio
Stealing Independence

Current
Wasteland Survival Guide
Scientific Pursuits

I feel like I've been spending my time exploring and helping wasteland survivors more than rushing to get main storyline quests done, and I'm level 13 now, but like Brugdor mentioned (and Tim Buckley of CTRl-ALT-DEL mentions a similar problem in a post of his http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/#1777 ) it seems like I may have ended up in Rivet City before I should have, like I missed something in between and it didn't quite add up.  I got to Rivet City and started talking to everyone and all of of sudden certain people where acting like I knew I was supposed to come talk to them 'cause I was hot on the trail of good ol' dad...
LISTER: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast.  In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. NO TOAST.
TOASTER: How 'bout a muffin?
LISTER: OR muffins!  OR muffins!  We don't LIKE muffins 'round here!  We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and DEFINITELY no smegging flapjacks!
TOASTER: Aah, so you're a waffle man!

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2008, 03:27:15 AM »
Just got my power armour training from the Brotherhood. What's more, I've even clobbed together a suit of Enclave power armour rather than the BoS stuff.

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
Just as a heads up for the achievement earners out there, there appears to be a bug with the "Scientific Pursuits" quest. In a nutshell, it's possible to disrupt the sequence of the quest so the achievement doesn't unlock when it's completed. It seems to be caused by entering the Memorial containing Project Purity before speaking to Doctor Li in Rivet City. I only noticed this evening when I saw it was missing in the list.

You can correct it by simply going back to an older save and not entering the memorial first. Hopefully they'll patch that one.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2008, 02:19:11 AM »
Okay, brain dump time:

Speaking of patches, when I went down into a subway, suddenly my game visual cut out. Turning on the pipboy light did nothing. It was like my eyes were removed or something. I had to go back to an older save game. :(
I think my two best moments were capping that raider in the head with my pistol from the hip from behind where he was crouching. No vats, just pure luck baby :P Oh, and nailing that protectron in the back with the hunting rifle with like 23% chance to hit from a decent distance away. Sneak attack critical XD

Oh, and has anyone noticed that super mutants with giant miniguns come out at early evening/night? Anyone know when they go away?
Or: How much AP each weapon uses? I'm a nut for maximizing my AP usage :P

And as far as the minigames go:
Hacking: easy sauce. Even without using the special characters
Lockpick: Say wut? Its pin breaking time >.< One day I'll be able to get the hang of it.

And I'm glad to say I love seeing the old barter game back in action. Here, take this for all your caps. Thats it, huh? Hmm, here, repair all this for me please. Excellent. Now, take all this for those shiny caps you have :D

I got addicted to scotch in only 2 bottles. Sheesh.
I need to fix that bomb so I have a place to stash my lewt. I carry too much crap and my STR 4 cant take it! :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2008, 02:46:16 AM »
Okay, brain dump time:

Speaking of patches, when I went down into a subway, suddenly my game visual cut out. Turning on the pipboy light did nothing. It was like my eyes were removed or something. I had to go back to an older save game. :(
I think my two best moments were capping that raider in the head with my pistol from the hip from behind where he was crouching. No vats, just pure luck baby :P Oh, and nailing that protectron in the back with the hunting rifle with like 23% chance to hit from a decent distance away. Sneak attack critical XD

Oh, and has anyone noticed that super mutants with giant miniguns come out at early evening/night? Anyone know when they go away?
Or: How much AP each weapon uses? I'm a nut for maximizing my AP usage :P

And as far as the minigames go:
Hacking: easy sauce. Even without using the special characters
Lockpick: Say wut? Its pin breaking time >.< One day I'll be able to get the hang of it.

I've gotten several random crashes here lately. I also had an entire statue in the Museum of History flashing different textures. Today I was trying to help zombies invade Tenpenny Tower and the quest indicator kept pointing me to a wall I can't to the other side of in order to open the door I need to open. I tried every angle and can't find my way to the other side of it. There's even a little window in the wall so I know something is over there.  :(

Lockpicking is one of my primary skills so maybe it's just that it's high but I've found it very easy. I think I've run into one lock so far where I broke more than one pin.

Also I took a neat perk that lets me deactivate any robot if I manage to sneak up on it.  ;D

Oh and I still haven't managed to find any quest that lets me use Powered Armor. I've given up on it. I guess I just miss too many quests.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:48:16 AM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2008, 03:42:37 AM »

They go away when my sniper rifle tells them to.

I procrastinated and finally got my apartment yesterday. I shall be running around the wasteland now, picking up all the random crap I can find, just in case I need it.

Picked up a suit of power armor during a firefight between Outcasts and raiders. Power armor at level 4, good times. Too bad I can't use it. :(

Do I need to buy a new schematic every time I want to be a special weapons, like the shishkaberthingie?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2008, 04:14:46 AM »

Oh, and has anyone noticed that super mutants with giant miniguns come out at early ...night?

Now when freaks get dressed to go out at night
They like to wear leather jackets, chains and spikes
They wear rips and zippers all in their shirts
Real tight pants and fresh mini skirts
All kinds of colors runnin' through their hair
And you could just about find a freak anywhere
But then again, you could know someone all their life
But might not know they're a freak unless you see them at night, 'cause

The Freaks come out at night...
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2008, 04:15:04 AM »

They go away when my sniper rifle tells them to.

I procrastinated and finally got my apartment yesterday. I shall be running around the wasteland now, picking up all the random crap I can find, just in case I need it.

Picked up a suit of power armor during a firefight between Outcasts and raiders. Power armor at level 4, good times. Too bad I can't use it. :(

Do I need to buy a new schematic every time I want to be a special weapons, like the shishkaberthingie?

I think I've found all of mine or been rewarded with them from quest givers.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2008, 05:19:19 AM »
I think I'm being hit on by a lesbian Ghoul and getting stink eye from her friend.

"You stay AWAY from her!"

200 years is a little old for me dear.
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2008, 05:24:56 AM »

You're just racist against zombies! You...you...zombie hater!   >:(

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2008, 05:44:47 AM »

You're just racist against zombies! You...you...zombie hater!   >:(

No no no!

Some of my best friends are Zombies!  :o

Silver Dragon

• Desert Nomad
  • Go rub two monkeys together and see what happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2008, 06:43:43 AM »

Err, If I understand your question correctly, no you don't need a new schematic each time you make a weapon, once you find and learn it, its always available in your Notes section.  Though finding more of the same schematic does apparently upgrade the quality/quantity of the weapons you make;  I found another Railway Rifle schematic and it upgraded to Railway Rifle v.2, and I read that upgraded Bottlecap Mine schematics increases the amount of mines produced.
LISTER: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast.  In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. NO TOAST.
TOASTER: How 'bout a muffin?
LISTER: OR muffins!  OR muffins!  We don't LIKE muffins 'round here!  We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and DEFINITELY no smegging flapjacks!
TOASTER: Aah, so you're a waffle man!