Author Topic: Autumn is Upon Us <3 (Except for our Aussie members)  (Read 4281 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Autumn is Upon Us <3 (Except for our Aussie members)
« on: October 15, 2018, 06:33:40 PM »
It can get quite hot and humid in Missouri. In July, I went to the Florida Panhandle (Northern Florida, its a long state) expecting it to be 100F and sunny, but shockingly it was actually constantly overcast and cooler than Missouri! In FL it Rarely got over 80F and never over 85F. Compared to the 90's we have been seeing in MO from early May until the end of September. After coming back form FL I was like "I'm so over this fucking 90 degree weather!".

In the past 2 weeks Autumn has come. Cooler & overcast days. Coldfront misty rains. Nothing like turning the A/C off, cracking the windows, sipping on some quality black coffee, wrapping up in a warm blanket. Theres a certain "stillness" that doesn't exist during the other seasons. Its very refreshing. Every Autumn I get reminded of the first couple of months of school, when people are still adjusting to new changes. Of starting holiday shopping. Of buying new clothes, I really think Autumn has the best fashions too.

I often am grateful to live in a place that has natural beauty (seriously, go look at a satellite map, Missouri is very green and everything west is very brown) and all 4 seasons in full. Here is a pic I took last year at a local park.

What do you all like about Autumn? What does it remind you of?
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn is Upon Us <3 (Except for our Aussie members)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:18:46 AM »
Autumn is my favorite season and October is my favorite month.

Spring is my second favorite season and May is my second favorite month.

Nice thing about the Midwest is the beautiful color changes in Autumn. Even in Chicago we have enough trees to enjoy the color changes.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 05:55:40 AM »
We had an unusually early first snowfall this year, the 2nd week of November. A lot of rain this month. Generally it doesn't snow until December here. Only a couple days of frigid cold so far. Thanksgiving day was very mild. Speaking of Thanksgiving, it was very pleasant, everyone was in good health, no one fought at the family dinner and we played scrabble.

This year, I wish that Autumn could go right into Spring. I'm not looking forward to winter this year, despite being a Winter Baby. I wonder if a place with no Winter (but still the other seasons) exists? Southern Europe? The Pacific Northwest US? Parts of Australia? Maybe I should move there.

I've gone to Starbucks frequently lately. Always order coffee-black. They have some good recurring fall beans, I especially like the Anniversary Blend.

Something about the silhouette of leafless tress when driving by amazes me. I love taking pictures of them. Heres one I took last year.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »
Well its the last day of Fall 2018.

Its been quite mild, grey and rainy. I didn't do any of the typical "Fall" activities like pumpkin carving, leaf pile jumping etc haa. Hope everyone else enjoyed your Autumn.

Killmod/Jesse