Author Topic: Dumped!  (Read 4303 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
Dumped!
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:38:02 AM »
Alas, Julia stone cold dropped me last weekend, for reasons that are extremely difficult to explain coherently, but basically amount to "Girl's got issues!"

Man, I haven't been dumped for like nine years!  I have to tell you, it's not that fun.  On the other hand, I had a pretty good idea of her issues after like a week of us dating so I knew we probably wouldn't last that long.  I'm more annoyed than anything else; I was having a good time!  When I got dumped in high school I felt like it was THE END OF THE WORLD; this time around I just feel like a kid whose parents took his favorite toy away.  I liked that toy!  I want to play with it some more!

Oh well.  I'm single again, folks!  I have to tell you, it's kind of irritating.   It's hard as hell to meet ladies now that I'm out of school!  On the other hand, my friend Cassie just told me she has a crush on me, and I have a date with Melinda when she's in town in a couple weeks, so it's not like I've got anything to complain about.  Still!  Dumped!  Me!

I bought her some earrings like a week and a half before we broke up, and they finally arrived like the day before she dumped me.  Now I've got these bitchin' earrings in this gift box and no girl to give them to!  Can I just drop 'em on the next lady?  That seems kind of dishonest.  Maybe I'll give 'em to my little sister or something, I don't know.  I can tell I have a little vindictive streak 'cause I kinda want to give them to Julia and go, "Look at this crap, woman!  Look how good I would have treated you!  You done messed up!"  Oh well, nobody's perfect, eh?
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 06:42:25 AM »
Isn't it mother's day?  It was yesterday here, and today's nearly over so I guess it'd be day-after-mother's-day there now, huh?

In any case, in honour of your being dumped I award you a heartfelt Aussie "Bugger!"
That's the verbal type, not the physical one which is less pragmatic sympathy and more prison movie.

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 06:51:53 AM »
Aye, it's Mother's Day.  Well, it was until 45 minutes ago anyway.  My sister and I drove up to my folks place earlier and spent the afternoon with the folks.  The aforementioned dumping went down a week ago;  I just didn't get around to posting it until now.  I didn't want to disappoint everyone who was pulling for me with the disastrous news!

No big deal though; I concede a certain amount of distress because holy crap, she was hot, but the hell with her!  We had to cut the call off a bit earlier than I might have wished after she dropped me due to outside circumstances, but she hung up on the promise that she would call me again soon.  She has not, and this was nine days ago!  Frankly, I'm pretty happy about that, 'cause it's made it extremely easy to move on.  I'm a motherfucking prince!  You tell me you're going to call me and you don't, your ass better be on fire, 'cause I gods damn deserve better. 

edit:  Hey, let me poll you guys real quick.  My friend Cassie is multiple states away right now and for various reasons I'm not really interested in dating her.  Unfortunately, I drink a lot and when I'm hammered I kinda like charming women, particularly right now when I have to justify my self confidence in the wake of getting dumped.  I'm having a bit of difficulty not flirting with her in the wee hours when I've got a spot of the tonic in me.  Is it not cool to flirt with someone who you know likes you when you're not interested in anything past flirting?  I enjoy the exchange but I always feel like a heel afterwards for some reason.  It's shenanigans!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:57:20 AM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
edit:  Hey, let me poll you guys real quick.  My friend Cassie is multiple states away right now and for various reasons I'm not really interested in dating her.  Unfortunately, I drink a lot and when I'm hammered I kinda like charming women, particularly right now when I have to justify my self confidence in the wake of getting dumped.  I'm having a bit of difficulty not flirting with her in the wee hours when I've got a spot of the tonic in me.  Is it not cool to flirt with someone who you know likes you when you're not interested in anything past flirting?  I enjoy the exchange but I always feel like a heel afterwards for some reason.  It's shenanigans!

The problem is, without knowing Cassie, there's no way to know if flirting with her is a bad thing or not. Each person is different. As a general rule, there's nothing wrong in flirting with someone when you know they are interested in you but you don't reciprocate, but it depends on both how you flirt with them and what the individual is like in the first place.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »
By the way, the whole mother's day thing was a "you could give HER the earrings as a present" idea that got derailed by my thought processes.  I blame living upside down.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »

If she is doing it because she's really interested and you are doing it just for grins because you can then you are setting her up to be really hurt. If you value that friendship at all I'd say you need to back off.

Just my two cents.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »
I enjoy the exchange but I always feel like a heel afterwards for some reason.  It's shenanigans!

i've got a similar (if not identical situation). it comes back to bite me in the ass every once in a while, but we end up working through it and remain friends.

my view goes somewhere along the lines of: the least you can do for her is make sure she knows your true feelings/situation. if she's not completely insane and clingy, she'll understand. if not, watch out for livejoural pages, websites and other such stuff about you (happened to a friend of mine, i'm shocked he didnt get a restraining order).
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:48:35 AM »
How ironic, similar thing happened to me lately. Well anyway heres a tip in case you haven't learned; Don't toy with bitches women, o'else they might get too serious and become crazy
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 03:10:00 AM »
On the other hand, I had a pretty good idea of her issues after like a week of us dating so I knew we probably wouldn't last that long. 

I reached a point where if I sensed this early, I'd just bail. Not worth the headache.

So, if Cassie was nearby, would you date her then? Or are the reasons non-logistical?

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 07:46:39 AM »
I liked that toy!  I want to play with it some more!

Yeah... It's a FUN toy that one!   ;)

On the subject of Cassie, I'm going to side with Brug.  The potential for you to actually hurt her sounds quite real.  And that's never fun.

As for the earrings, for my money giving them to the next girl is tacky.  I'd lay them on a family member, or a friend who has no romantic inclination towards you.  Personally, I'd also tell the person where they came from, but that's me.
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot