Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541311 times)

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #1200 on: June 28, 2016, 01:53:39 AM »
Came home from work on Tuesday to find out that my Grandmother died. It was very sudden and she had little time to react, after coughing up a great deal of blood.

Still, it hasn't sunk in yet, it's been a week and I still can't accept it on some level. I still think of her as present, as alive. Hell, I expected her to be at the café where we always met up on Wednesdays.

She was always supportive and loving and in my later life seeing her once a week helped me get through the worst period of my life. I'll honestly miss her...
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 28, 2016, 05:09:24 AM »
My condolences.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 28, 2016, 06:34:29 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 01, 2016, 05:00:10 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that
But it'll help

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 02, 2016, 11:40:41 PM »
I empathise entirely Hanged Man, I lost my mother just over a year ago when she fell suddenly ill with two very aggressive cancers.

Still haven't got over the shock of that - probably never will actually. It was from her that I inherited all my creative and artistic abilities, so we were always close. I'm enjoying making my YouTube stories, but every time I finish one, there's still a part of my mind even now that wants to show the completed video to my mum to get her opinion of it.

And for all I know, that part of my mind will always be there, able to acknowledge that she's gone, but never truly willing to accept it.

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 03, 2016, 01:45:09 AM »
That's how I feel right now, I thought the other day of working on a book over the summer and I always wanted her to read it, since she used to read a lot. I remembered that she wasn't there to read it anymore and it was like hearing it all over again.

I haven't broken down yet, haven't had a proper reaction to it. I'm just really confused, the last time I saw her she turned away and I told her I'd 'see her,' didn't know that I was talking about her funeral. I'm kind of relieved that the funeral will be on Wednesday, I'd like to put this whole thing to rest and move on with my life. Right now it's not doing my family much good, least of all my Dad, who just lost his mum and is growing increasingly infuriated with my Uncle for not doing enough to help.

Sorry about your Mother Turjan, I honestly can't expect that anyone would be ready for that. Especially if it's at short notice.

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 05, 2016, 08:14:54 PM »
My coworker had to get rid of a pair of rats due to lease issues. Last week the rats came to us and my husband was amazingly excited. 36 hours into our care one of the rats passed, the only cause we can find was stress due to the move. The other rat was grieving but responsive and we were discussing the appropriate time to get her a new cage mate to help her over the grief. Last night she crashed and this morning we took her to the vet. We were too late to help her do anything but pass peacefully.

I know animals can hide being sick and that stress can and will speed up what would otherwise be a treatable illness. I know it's hard to comfort a grieving rat who lost a lifelong cage mate, especially when there's all sorts of other factors to count on like moving in with strangers. It feels like there should have been more for us to do even though I know it's just wishful thinking.

My husband is taking it hard while I'm caught between grief and practicality of facts. We had a chance to fulfill a promise that was made before my husband's dad died and it didn't last long. He's withdrawing into his natural grief response and I'm typing this. I wish there was something I could do for him but all I can do is wait and watch time.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 15, 2016, 06:15:25 PM »
Still making my Turjan's Travels videos...this week was something a little bit special though - one of the things about YouTube gaming folk is the whole community aspect, and that can really come to the fore in creative endeavours. I've already had several Elite Dangerous YouTubers making guest appearances in previous episodes, but this latest episode goes one step further...

A YouTube friend and I decided to write and create a story to be seen from both sides - he's a guest star in my version, while I guest star in his. While we both knew what was going on in the scenes we shot mutually (of course - duh!), we kept each other a bit in the dark about the rest of the episode, for fun :)

Anyway, here's a link to my side of the story :-
Turjan's Travels #20 - Mutiny

...and here's a link to Cmdr Josh Hawkins' version :-
Exploring the Milky Way Galaxy (Part 16)

It was quite fun doing that story - it took me right back to that 3-Way Unwashed Village story written by Petrarch, Darkfox and Brom. One tale, three versions, each detailing the same events as seen from three perspectives :)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 18, 2016, 04:22:53 AM »
It was quite fun doing that story - it took me right back to that 3-Way Unwashed Village story written by Petrarch, Darkfox and Brom. One tale, three versions, each detailing the same events as seen from three perspectives :)

I remember that tale. Good times. I wonder whatever happened to Brom.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Grim 2.0

• Tangerine Target
  • Pelt me with tangerines until I change this text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 27, 2016, 10:16:49 PM »
I found this website through Fallout 2, I hope that this community becomes more active.

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 28, 2016, 01:56:18 AM »
I found this website through Fallout 2, I hope that this community becomes more active.

It's radioactive, if that counts.  :P

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 28, 2016, 04:35:20 AM »

Interesting choice of a board handle....

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 28, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »

Don't we all dream of an Independent Wales?
But it'll help

Grim 2.0

• Tangerine Target
  • Pelt me with tangerines until I change this text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 28, 2016, 06:39:05 PM »
Interesting choice of a board handle....

*Flame Spam Flame Spam Flame Flame Flame Spam*

verdipit

• Tangerine Target
  • Tangerines are yummy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 31, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »
Just joined the site, and have a lot to do before the summer wraps up!  I hope I manage to finish a project I started...