Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541063 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #555 on: November 08, 2008, 03:26:50 AM »
So, I just saw gas around here at $1.92 a gallon  ;D
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #556 on: November 08, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »
Dude! I paid 1.97 a gallon for gas!

It was amazing.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 10, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »
advice: dont get stuck in a "non-quarantine" situation. you will be bored sick.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 14, 2008, 08:55:09 PM »
Had one of my cats put to sleep today. She had spent the last four years in a 3x5 cage except when I could be around and alert enough to let her out. Her hyper-thyroid issue would cause her to pee and scratch on everything which is how the cage came about. The guilt of keeping her in that little cage finally overcame the guilt of having her put to sleep. It's a decision I've really struggled with over the last year or so.

I'm going to spread her ashes outside so she can finally run free again.

George "fuzzbutt" Fullmer  1993-2008

"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 15, 2008, 12:16:33 AM »
My condolences on your cat.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #560 on: November 15, 2008, 01:39:46 AM »
Had one of my cats put to sleep today. She had spent the last four years in a 3x5 cage except when I could be around and alert enough to let her out. Her hyper-thyroid issue would cause her to pee and scratch on everything which is how the cage came about. The guilt of keeping her in that little cage finally overcame the guilt of having her put to sleep. It's a decision I've really struggled with over the last year or so.

I'm going to spread her ashes outside so she can finally run free again.

George "fuzzbutt" Fullmer  1993-2008

Awwww geez. I'm so sorry. There's just something about having animals around. I don't know if it's because I grew up on a farm (sorta) and just lived with animals but... they do wrap around your heart.

I think you made the right decision to have George put to sleep.She's not suffering anymore. Still... sorry that your kitty isn't around anymore.

*Deep Hugs*
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 16, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your cat Brugdor. My heart felt condolences.

I've been soooooo busy since I started working. It's kind of hard to find any online time when I'm working 7-5 m-f. It's a fun job though and I like the ppl I work with. I've barely had time to cook a decent meal, but I somehow manage to pull it off every night. It's just sometimes it's served on paper plates. ;D
My dog Uno died of a massive heart attack last Saturday night. It was hard on all of us, but he was such a great dog. He had a heart of gold and loved everyone. He was fine one minute, going from one person in the house to the next to get behind his ear scratched, and then he walked in the living room and dropped dead from a heart attack. We were in disbelied for 2 days. Our other dog (his mother) wanders around sometimes, but for the most part accepted it. We're keeping a watchful eye on her b/c she's 12 yrs. old now, and we can't bare to lose another on so soon. I told the kids NO MORE PETS! I just don't want to go through this again. It's too heart breaking.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #562 on: November 17, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »
Geez... that's harsh! =(

Sorry to hear about the dog dying and presumably at a young age.

*Hugs*
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 17, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your cat Brugdor. My heart felt condolences.
My dog Uno died of a massive heart attack last Saturday night. It was hard on all of us, but he was such a great dog. He had a heart of gold and loved everyone. He was fine one minute, going from one person in the house to the next to get behind his ear scratched, and then he walked in the living room and dropped dead from a heart attack. We were in disbelied for 2 days. Our other dog (his mother) wanders around sometimes, but for the most part accepted it. We're keeping a watchful eye on her b/c she's 12 yrs. old now, and we can't bare to lose another on so soon. I told the kids NO MORE PETS! I just don't want to go through this again. It's too heart breaking.

Thank you and I'm very sorry for your loss as well.  :(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #564 on: November 19, 2008, 07:34:18 PM »
Recovering from Steroid injections in my back.

It's to reduce the inflamations from the injury. The procedure seems fairly painless and my back feels better but I'm in lalalala land from the meds.

So it's sitting on the couch and playing Fallout today.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 19, 2008, 07:52:18 PM »

Does this mean we'll see you testifying in front of Congress soon?  :worried:

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 19, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »
I'm in lalalala land from the meds.
playing Fallout today.

Whoa. Do NOT go into the vault with the airborne drugs then. You might end up having a 3 hour arguement with a wall <.<
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #567 on: November 20, 2008, 06:03:34 AM »

No but I might change my name to Jennifer Walters.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 20, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »

No but I might change my name to Jennifer Walters.

Heh, I was pretty sure but I actually had to go check that one to verify. +5 points for obscurity.  ;)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2008, 12:37:55 AM »
i had to write a 'personal myth' for my poetry class last week. the way the class works is: write poem, over weekend everyone looks at poem, come back and writer reads poem, everyone else critiques.

i wrote an abstract version of the village. apparently we're some sort of nerdy convention on a tropical beach.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?