Author Topic: DnD 4th Edition  (Read 3710 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
DnD 4th Edition
« on: August 18, 2007, 02:02:08 AM »
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doug

Re: DnD 4th Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 03:10:44 AM »
4th edition already? They can't be serious.

I might buy the three core books, if nothing else, just so I can familiarize myself if I ever have to play in a friend's campaign if he uses it, but no way am I buying a whole new set of books after I've spent the past 6 or 7 years collecting a rather ridiculous amount of 3rd and 3.5 books at 15-30 dollars a pop

Kama

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 03:34:06 AM »
Aye, indeed.  I have to watch money much to closely to have to start over again.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 06:12:46 AM »
Post 22 is particularly enlightening.

Buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, because Kansas...is going bye-bye

Meh...there's still nothing near as fun as using the same house rules that my local gaming group has used for over 20 years.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:56:25 PM »
Hehe... I still have all my 2nd ed books in a box around here somewhere.  Other than the Monstrous Compendium I haven't even opened them for over a decade.  Couldn't tell you the last time I played.
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 11:05:12 PM »
It seems like a good idea.
Insofar as my friend is reconsidering playing D&D just to see if the system works for him or not.
:)
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.