Author Topic: My new rig  (Read 3839 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
My new rig
« on: November 30, 2010, 04:32:48 AM »
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
MSI P55-GD65 USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA 768-P3-1360-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Intel Core i7-875K
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer
ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
ASUS VW246H Widescreen LCD Monitor

Should be getting all the parts by next week.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: My new rig
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
I can happily recommend the GTX460. I'm sure everything else is also great, but I don't want to talk about that as it is much better than mine ;)

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »
very nice. I am hoping for the gtx for xmas but we see what happens :D
my new system as it stands...
http://unwashed.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2244.0

but i'll gladly trade hehe
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 01:33:43 AM »
Just curious; What the hell kind of games are coming out that you need a rig like that to play? Maybe i'm just out of the loop, but I havent heard of big PC releases latly, save for FO3 Vegas
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »
I'll give you 2 good examples, "lost planet" not new but very demanding of video and cpu
another is Mass Effect3 as well as many other games that require multi core processors and very demanding graphics (with my Nvidia 9100 even though it is DX11 and cuda compliant it's still limited to about 150fps (which is not enough to play lost planet) whereas the 460 GTX gets upward of 1500FPS. Didn't get it for Xmas but will buy for myself soon.
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:52:24 AM »
I'll give you 2 good examples, "lost planet" not new but very demanding of video and cpu

Yep. I actually got Lost Planet 2 free with my rig (I bought all the parts, save the monitor, through Newegg and that was a special they were running. I'm not sure which actual component triggered the free offer, or if it was just a specific dollar amount for the purchase that did it.)

Even with that rig, running Lost Planet 2's benchmarks with the highest resolution and all the bells and whistles active, I only get a B rating.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »
Another resource hog game that can test your computer is the Microsoft flight sim on max, I can crank that on my new machine, but I haven't tried lost planet yet.

Grats on the rig, Hoopy :)