Author Topic: Stop right there criminal scum!  (Read 3938 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Stop right there criminal scum!
« on: September 21, 2015, 06:14:58 AM »
Has anyone played the Elder Scrolls series?

There are some pretty intricate Oblivion sex mods

Hopefully the next game will take place is Elseweyre and focus on the Khajit
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
Re: Stop right there criminal scum!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:28 PM »
I've been playing ESO, on and off and it's a lot of fun. Not everyone thinks so though.

I personally think that the next TeS will be set in Hammerfell,  though it could be anywhere I guess.
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »
I first played oblivion and enjoyed it, albeit the combat felt shallow. I recently reinstalled Oblivion with well over a dozen mods on my new PC, after several years, and am pretty impressed.

I played a bit of Arena a decade or so ago. I think this series has had some general design flaws that have changed as it moved into 3D.
Morrowind is really natural and dangerous, but the RNG combat is not great.
I think Skyrim fixed a lot of the series problems in creative ways and deserved the attention it received.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 11:52:54 PM »
Oblivion's combat is a dream compared to Morrowind, I'm barely able to use Morrowind's as it's completely nonsensical.

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 01:32:41 AM »
I found Morrowind a little too punishing for the awkward control system, Oblivion was great though it also highlighted just how poor the nVidia FX 5900 was in comparison to the ATI 9800pro and just how much the nVidia 6800 destroyed both cards.

In retrospect though both games are just an older more ugly, clunky Fallout 3 clone with swords :P

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »
I found Morrowind a little too punishing for the awkward control system, Oblivion was great though it also highlighted just how poor the nVidia FX 5900 was in comparison to the ATI 9800pro and just how much the nVidia 6800 destroyed both cards.

In retrospect though both games are just an older more ugly, clunky Fallout 3 clone with swords :P

I honestly preferred oblivion, due to it's size and variety in environments and all of the NPCs felt more like real people to me, since they all had their own backstories and place in the world.