Author Topic: Fallout Shelter  (Read 3101 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Fallout Shelter
« on: August 22, 2015, 05:04:38 AM »
A new Fallout spinoff and no one talks about it!?

Who has played this game? Its a free mobile game for IOS (and Android soon I think)

My ancient iphone 4s can barely play it, but what do you think of it?

So far, I'm not very fond of the game, because the point of it is to micromanage and increase the number of vault dwellers. Whereas the Fallout main series games seem to revolve around the decline of and death of vault dwellers.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Shelter
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 07:20:02 AM »
I enjoyed it the brief few days I played it. I'm on an ipad2 most of the time and it kept crashing. I might try again now that I might be able to play on my phone, but it's designed as a time waster without a goal. Dont think I really need a time suck that much
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 02:29:38 AM »
Since I recently upgraded to an Iphone 6, I started to play it. I currently have one Vault, (Vault 1) and have ~30 people. I started a program in my vault to train a few Vault Dwellers to max SPECIAL stats.
But it'll help

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:33:38 PM »
I'm not sure how to explain this, but hey - it's Fallout :D

I don't think it was terribly good, as it gets bogged down with micro management as soon as the Vault grows to a certain size. I stopped playing once I reached the population cap at 200.

It does feel like some gameplay is there that could work longer term, but this game did not manage to capture it.