Author Topic: i think i'm offended  (Read 3759 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
i think i'm offended
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »
horribly horribly offended.

link one

link two
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: i think i'm offended
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:36 AM »
just my humble opinion, but...it seems a tad slutty for a gal to wear a shirt advertising she has fingered herself at some time.

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:44:53 AM »
just my humble opinion, but...it seems a tad slutty for a gal to wear a shirt advertising she has fingered herself at some time.

So you are working under the assumption that people don't know?  :P
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:59:33 AM »

I don't think about it at all when I see a person....but if I saw someone wearing that shirt, it would then be something that would occur to me.  *nods*

...I am curious though....the slave one, is that saying that being a slave was a sin?
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:26:12 AM »
It probably means he was a slave to sin or something. I seriously doubt a site as awful as that puts much deep thawght into these things.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »

I don't think about it at all when I see a person....but if I saw someone wearing that shirt, it would then be something that would occur to me.  *nods*

...I am curious though....the slave one, is that saying that being a slave was a sin?

I didn't see the slave one but Jeff probably got that one right as being a slave to sin is the likely meaning.

Also, these shirts do fall under TMI for my personal tastes but I do have some christian t-shirts. My favorites are "Make war on the floor" that has a guy kneeling in prayer and "Pray without ceasing" - 1 Thessalonians 5:17 on it.  The other has Jesus on it facing away so you see His back. It's after He's been beaten so he has red lines across His back. That one says, "If you want to know what love is, read between the lines."
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 05:11:56 AM »
How Terribly Bizzare  :inquisitive: The things people will wear in public, much less buy never ceases to amaze me.
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 11:32:55 AM »
Eh, their hearts are in the right place, unfortunately I'm a tad shocked that no one had the common sense to nix these in the planning phase.

Sexual anything is a private matter.  Not dirty, and it's not necessarily bad.  Just private.  It's the same reason I would go talk to a doctor if I had some sort of embarrassing medical problem rather than taking to the streets in an "I Have Hemorrhoids" tee-shirt.  It's not something that you just discuss with anyone.

I'm just afraid that the people they're hoping to reach are going to see these shirts and add them as more fuel to the "Christians and the Bible are Anti-Sex" stereotype.  (We're not, by the way.  God made sex, and wholeheartedly endorses it.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 11:36:39 AM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"