Author Topic: Remind me of the good job sites?  (Read 6176 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Remind me of the good job sites?
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:57:18 AM »
I want to make sure I don't leave one (at least a good one) out. =)

Thank ye!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Remind me of the good job sites?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:53:11 PM »
jobindex.dk is pretty good.. 'course you'd have to move again :D

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:58:20 PM »
That's Great, Dane.

:dozey:
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:04:02 AM »
Blah... I'm SO glad I don't put my personal information on the resumes. I have a steady flow of "just deposit the checks for us but we'll need your banking information" and "We saw your resume (Graphic Designer) and you'll be perfect as a financial loan officer. Call me at:  " and "MAKE MONEY NOW!!!!!! GOOD WORKERS MAKE 3K A WEEK!!!"

Blah.

ShadyGuy

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:40:56 AM »
Monsterboard is probably the largest. Not sure if it's the best.

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »
I tried monster.com, hotjob.com, and linkedin.com.

Been job searching for 10 months and no dice so far.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »
I tried monster.com, hotjob.com, and linkedin.com.

Been job searching for 10 months and no dice so far.

I never got a good job offer from Monster in the years I've used it.

Monster might have been good at one time but it seems to have lost it's ranking and/or effectiveness.

The real annoying thing about monster are the ads that comeup when you're logging in and when you request other information.

Then there are two buttons on the bottom next to each other on the advertisement made. Tell me more and No Thanks. Sometimes, they'll switch them around so No Thanks is First and Tell me More is second. Seems shady. No offense Shady. =)

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »
Yeah I think for the purpose of getting a job in any field that's worth working in you really have to network. My friend and I work for the same company, and I applied to another place in town. They never called me back, and he at some point had to do some contract work with them, and they liked his work so much they offered him a full-time job. He works there full-time now and my application is still sitting at the bottom of a pile, and we have the exact same qualifications.

Oh well.

/edit actually he doesn't have a degree or any certification.  :annoyed:
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 06:18:02 PM »
On a slightly 'funny' note...

During my previous job searches, I noticed a 1 month - 2 month lull between my resume going out, me applying and the first good job offers.

I decided since I was going to be in Vegas (probably) in 2 months, I should start now and the good job offers will start by the time I'm there.

I already got three good job offers with a "oh... you aren't here NOW. We'll... tell you what. You have some REALLY great skills. Mmmmm I'll just leave your resume in... and if we don't find someone then we'll give you a call when you get here or call us."

Well... I was told Vegas is a Worker's market. If you want to find work it's easy.