Author Topic: R.I.P. Dave Arneson  (Read 2058 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Dave Arneson
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:32:27 AM »
wow..... first Gygax, now Arneson.... :worried:
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

Jeff

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
So many days and years of my life wasted because of that man. I'd claim I would've turned out normal without D&D but I doubt that's entirely true.  :P

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:05:38 AM »
From the last episode of TSCC. The creators of D&D influenced so many things it's kind of scary when you think about it.

"Hello, Ms. Weaver. I just delivered a crit hit to the umber hulk." - John Henry

The whole clip which is a nice little tribute to D&D can be found here. Just skip ahead four minutes and thirty seconds into the show. Keep it on until about seven minutes in for another funny bit.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:11:31 AM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney