Author Topic: What's so amazing about a chick who can double click?  (Read 9966 times)

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
Re: What's so amazing about a chick who can double click?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 04:59:28 AM »
I'd have sex with her. With my *penis*.

<---Master of innuendo

Which one?

Penii two through five.

<------Septowang

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 04:43:39 AM »
usually it's a guy that i mention the word sex to.

Yep.  That'll do it.  We really are simple creatures.  We have to be.  It's how the species perpetuates itself.  I'm speaking in generalities here (obviously) so there are always exceptions (or, as I like to call them - aberrations) plus there's the pressure exerted on us by modern society to be more than this.  I understand that quite a few blokes need this pressure in order to give them a reason to behave like a person, but for the rest of us, it's just confusing.

I was pushing 30 before I started thinking: "Yep, I'm a guy, and I like breasts.  And sex. And I'm not going to feel guilty about it."  As near as I can tell, modern cultural influences give young men exactly two options:  1.  Objectify women, treating them as sub-human, ogling and so on; or 2.  Suppress all sexual feelings and urges, putting women on pedestals.  It is up to other men (fathers, uncles, teachers, coaches, etc) to teach these boys that there is a middle ground. To teach them that "like", "love", and "lust" are all valid feelings, and how to act appropriately (and respectfully) in each case and how to tell the difference between them. Unfortunately, in the absence of such men in the boys' lives, this role must be played by the ill-equipped peer group who invariably botch the job.  Or the guy is left to work it out for himself, which can take years (about a decade in my case).

Anyway, getting back to your original post, I would say that it's a simple case of this woman being seen by the guys as "approachable".  Here's a woman (boobies!!!) who has an interest in computers (hey... so do I!).  So.... maybe... if I talk to her about computers (I know something about computers!) then perhaps.... Boobies!!!!!

Seriously... It is probably that simple.  Guys are not hard-wired for interesting conversation in the way that women are, so we naturally find it very difficult to approach women (when we actually care about the outcome of the interaction - it's much easier when we couldn't care less).  Therefore there often times has to be a rather compelling reason for us to even make the attempt (refer to previous, breast-related comments).  If, however, the woman in question displays an interest in something that the guy feels comfortable with - a topic on which he believes he can speak with some authority - this gives him the confidence to make the attempt.  Combine this with the fact that a great many computer nerds don't have girlfriends and, presto! the poor woman has to dodge salivating stereotypes who are all hyped up on hormones all afternoon.

Or something like that.
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot

Ban

• Tangerine Target
  • communications: aural literal visual & tactile
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 06:08:39 AM »
I blame bimbos.

Bimbos have absoloutely nothing to offer except sexual excitement, but offer this exclusively to "hunks" (and or musos). This leaves the geek nerd and boffin sections of male society with far less opportunities for sex. They need to find an intelligent girl who'll recognise qualities other than rockin a crowd or flexing a peck. But an intelligent girl is also difficult to woo. You actually have to be interesting. If the only thing you recognise as interesting about yourself is your work, then that is what you're going to talk about. But if your work is boring, that wont work. So the geek is left competing with all the other geeks for the relatively few girls who are genuinely interested in their amusing database-normalisation story or impressed by their lvl 70 WoW Paladin.

And seperately, yes, geekdom is an entirely attractive quality of this girls to said guys. After all, maybe she can tell you about the time she would have won a CS tourney when at a critical moment her massive boobies bumped her force feedback joystick and threw off her aim. :wink3:
I got chocolate bubblegum!

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 06:30:55 AM »
Seriously. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a computer science major. She works with the Campus technology people and today they all went out to lunch. So it was her, another girl and about a million boys. She spent lunch trying to avoid all these guys who were hitting on her by talking to the one guy who knew she has a bf. I've found this kinda thing true with myself and have seen numerous web comics about a girl who just so happens to know a bit about the computer getting hit on by every computer nerd in a five mile radius.

What's so hot about girl who knows her computers? Is there some sex euphemism that I'm missing, like putting a floppy into the driver? What am I not seeing?

I think you're observing a number of phenomena.

1) Desert Isle Syndrome - In an isolated or otherwise controlled environment, a woman's attractiveness is inversely proportional to the number of other women in the area, weighted directly by the amount of men in the area. A computer science major female is probably statistically rare, and therefore has not only jumped naked into a pool full of sausage, she could be marginally less ugly than a potato struck with a sack of hot nickels and be considered the belle of the ball.

2) Relatability Factor - The perceived chance of an individual succeeding in pairing with a mate is modified by a strong factor (r) that is equivalent to the ratio of mutual interests to deal-breaking differences. For example, Sean (S) is attracted to Katie (K). His perceived chance to score with her (x) can be expressed as

x = (S+K)r

Therefore if their mutual interests are higher than their deal-breaking differences (both like computers, both like video games, Sara is pro-life and Sean is pro-choice), then the factor is still 2/1, meaning that Sean's perceived chance to score is still multiplied by 2.

Unfortunately for Sean, perceived chance to score is in most cases inversely proportional to actual chance to score.

3) Any port in a storm theory - obviously, this was touched upon by the first study of syndrome, but the APiaS theory holds that a man will place his genitalia into anything moving slow enough for it to be placed in. As Bubonic pointed out, this is only a function of the lower brain, and higher brain functions often win out. However, in cases of socially inept people (computer science majors numbering some of the highest in that category), they have not been conditioned to learn a great deal about the complexities of interpersonal relationships, other than possibly being denied by women of a "higher" caste in society, which only emboldens them to strike for those who are "on their level" (same degree plan).

4) And finally..... The Penis Theory
Women tend to blame any negative actions men execute on the man's inability to think with his brain instead of his penis. Men counter by blaming irritability on PMS. Both are patently false, but we'll focus on the former. Men, unfortunately, have little control over the involuntary actions of their penis (who hasn't ever had a hot doctor/nurse about to give them a hernia exam and they had to think about Rosie O'Donnell naked on a cold day?), but fortunately the penis exerts absolutely no control over the man. Therefore, people who think with their penis are in fact two penises sandwiched between a layer of skin and hair. Some men can get away with this, if the hair is glorious and the skin clear. Others do not share their fortune.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:33:49 AM by Solwyn »
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 09:29:02 PM »
(when we actually care about the outcome of the interaction - it's much easier when we couldn't care less).

Hell yes! :)
When I talk to my friends, I say the most misogynistic, racist, surreal, and evil things. They usually point this out or laugh along with me (less so on the misogynistic stuff, but thats a given). I dont think I'd say such things around girls I didn't know and was interested in.
Instant fail!

So yeah. Being able to not worry about stuff is great :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 11:34:07 AM »
Well, they might get impressed that you used the word "misogynistic".   ;D
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 09:04:14 PM »
Or obstinate.
Or troz
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

Moo.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 10:37:49 PM »
I got there first, dammit! >.<

Moo.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 01:13:10 AM »
yea... but i'm a girl, boobies and all.

plus i didnt see it before i posted. and it is semi relavant to the topic.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 01:44:21 AM »
yea... but i'm a girl, boobies and all.

Hey! No pulling of the boobie card!
I call HAX!! >.<

Moo.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 01:46:14 AM »
yea, but if i use w00t in a sentence someone on the board is likely to cream his pants and that makes it all worth it to me.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 03:56:56 AM »
Why would somebody be eating cream while reading the board? O.o

=innocence=

Moo.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2007, 03:57:37 AM »
ice cream.

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2007, 03:59:57 AM »
I brought my creamed corn from home, I don't like the theater's creamed corn. It's too crunchy.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."