Author Topic: Disturbing photographic evidence if nerdiness run amok  (Read 5680 times)

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
Disturbing photographic evidence if nerdiness run amok
« on: November 24, 2007, 09:32:09 AM »
I moved into my new pad a few weeks ago and eventually had to deal with sorting and organizing the gigantic fucking mountain of heroclix that I brought with me. In the process this meant for a good 3 days the walls of my entire place were lined with rows and rows of tiny miniature superhero figures.

I took a picture because it all felt so bizarre, a level of nerdphoria (mixed with equal parts nerdFEAR) washed over me.

Why share this AWESOME yet shameful secret with you people?

Because this picture is just too freaking funny to me. Will it be funny to you people? Not my concern. To me? Hilarious. Especially given that this is only about a third of what was until earlier today consuming my apartment in an encroaching flood of plastic

« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:34:13 AM by Shard »

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
Re: Disturbing photographic evidence if nerdiness run amok
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 01:09:20 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: It reminds me of when my boys were small and played with all there little action figures. Ever step on one of those damn swords or pointy helmets at 2 am? Pick up your toys and go to your room. ;D j/k
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »
*throws tangerines*

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:03:53 PM »
How do they all fit into that little box?

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:44:11 PM »
"I took a picture because it all felt so bizarre, a level of nerdphoria (mixed with equal parts nerdFEAR) washed over me."

Was it then balanced by a feeling of Nerdgasim?

You should see our place after we unpack. Doombots, She Hulks, Animated Star Wars Statues, Daleks, Doctor Who Items, Tribbles among fine china and Tim Cantor Art.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 01:19:39 AM »

Pym Particles

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
It reminds me of some of the people at conventions who have those portable dresser things made of steel that contain nothing but D&D miniatures.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 06:15:54 PM »

Pym Particles

/begins a slow clap
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »
"Congratulations, men. We have conquered the Living Room. Now, Onward! To the Kitchen, and to Glory!"
XD
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 06:30:40 PM »
my brother in law could give you a run for your money there! there's small spicerack style shelving all over his house/garage filled with heroclix.. also their 3rd bedroom is entirely devoted to his comic book collection, there's like 2 feet of room to move around in besides the doorway
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

Shard

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »
my brother in law could give you a run for your money there! there's small spicerack style shelving all over his house/garage filled with heroclix.. also their 3rd bedroom is entirely devoted to his comic book collection, there's like 2 feet of room to move around in besides the doorway

mwahaha, a chance to climb further down the social ladder! Granted I don't have any *here* aside from some choice graphic novels, but not only does my family own a comic book store, but my old man's house contains somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 comics.

Wiggity wam. Growing up, I never had a chance.

Pipboy 2000

• Administrator of Things/Thongs
  • Administrator
  • Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 02:51:38 AM »
Pipboy2000
Postmaster General, Unwashed Civil Defense Force

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »
Watched a movie on a flight a while ago about museum pieces coming to live, that certainly looks like it. 

I would have had a collection if I didn't move so much since childhood.  Half of my good stuff is in the dump somewhere courtesy of my mom.

This can't compare to the story of my cousin, who had a Spiderman No. 1 given to them as kids from a family friend.  His dad threw it away because it might interfere with with studying.   :bigcry:   
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 05:50:58 PM »
Watched a movie on a flight a while ago about museum pieces coming to live, that certainly looks like it. 

I would have had a collection if I didn't move so much since childhood.  Half of my good stuff is in the dump somewhere courtesy of my mom.

This can't compare to the story of my cousin, who had a Spiderman No. 1 given to them as kids from a family friend.  His dad threw it away because it might interfere with with studying.   :bigcry:   

Times like this I almost wish I didnt' read Richie Rich, Little Dot, Hot Stuff, Wendy The Witch and Baby Huey. I had some OLD issues but they weren't worth much... (Well... outside of my heart). =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile