Author Topic: I can't watch videos (reliably) and it's driving me *mad*.  (Read 5338 times)

Doug

I can't watch videos (reliably) and it's driving me *mad*.
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:10:54 PM »
I've had this problem, well....pretty much since I got my new motherboard well over 6 months ago.

Videos, be they on my computer or viewed online ( but far more often ones viewed online) will just...stop, at a certain point. It will not play past that point. I have to shift-reload or clear internet history to get it to "give it another go, so to speak" but if the video is longer than 2 or 3 minutes, there's a good 95% chance it will never make it to the end without finding some point to just give out on me on.

Granted, I haven't put any effort into fixing it since the last time I got frustrated by it and just gave up (where I updated drivers for my sound and video cards, got the latest versions of java and, well, everything I could possibly think of ((as well as things other people thought of, as I tried to internet search for people having the same problem as me, and followed the advice that helped them...still, no luck))

I'm really starting to get sick of this, especially as I want some fricking shows and the summer lull is kicking me in the ass.

Any suggestions?

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: I can't watch videos (reliably) and it's driving me *mad*.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »
Uninstall Adobe Flash (if possible), then reinstall. If that doesn't work, uninstall Flash, (re) install Firefox and then install Flash again.

My best guess..

Doug

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »
apparently that's not it. Thanks for the effort, though.

What's really bugging me is I've seen people with the (seemingly) exact same problem as me, but none of the solutions or fixes (most of which were pretty easy) that worked for them work for me.

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:30:23 AM »
What type of network do you have, Doug?
How much disk space is set aside for temporary internet files?