Author Topic: Getting The Gang Back Together For 76?  (Read 21297 times)

Bubonic

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Trying not to feed the Yao Guai
    • View Profile
Re: Getting The Gang Back Together For 76?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 10:25:10 AM »
I played it for a while with my brother. Was mildly entertaining, but not really Fallout, imho. I'm not bothering with the battle royale. I'm waiting for the new Borderlands instead.
You know what Freud says : You gotta think twice before you penis.
--Solwyn

Blue Elf shot the potion!
--Gauntlet

The UV Bungie Cord is strong.
--Doombot

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 10:44:38 PM »
On the bright side, they are handing out the replacement bags, I got mine at the price of my personal details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXezTpiGPYc

While the game is better, it's not good. It can't really ever be good, because the game is flawed at its core. They're adding NPCs and quests, so that might give it something for players to care about but somehow, I doubt that it'll work at this point.

I also have no interest in taking up another live service, the only ones that I can stomach are the Warner Bros fighting game ones (Injustice and Mortal Kombat) and the rest are just awful.
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2020, 11:03:39 AM »
Anyone going back to this dumpster fire for the 'Wastelanders' update?
It's going to add characters, plot, etc to the game... Which I kinda want to see. :>

Also, this literally made me laugh out loud, what the hell is Bethesda doing!?: https://youtu.be/PxFAqE1YYRY

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2020, 04:22:40 PM »
I never played 76 so I doubt I'll get this version, either. Even if it is better.

Bethesda should just give the Fallout Universe back to Obsidian. (I.e. the guys formerly of Interplay's Black Isle Studios who made the first two Fallouts and got a license from Bethesda to make Fallout:  New Vegas).

Obsidian actually knows how to craft engaging worlds with interesting people.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 08:36:30 AM »
I never played 76 so I doubt I'll get this version, either. Even if it is better.

Bethesda should just give the Fallout Universe back to Obsidian. (I.e. the guys formerly of Interplay's Black Isle Studios who made the first two Fallouts and got a license from Bethesda to make Fallout:  New Vegas).

Obsidian actually knows how to craft engaging worlds with interesting people.

I mean, they should but then Obsidian would upstage them and we can't have that.

Besides, people liked Fallout 76 more than Outer Worlds... right? R-Right?  :'(

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 06:24:31 AM »
76 IS coming to steam when Wastelanders drop. Unfortunately Wasterlanders got delayed a week, they cited COVID-19 but who really knows. So I imagine the steam release might bring in new people. I'll probably give Wastelanders a shot mostly because I own the friggin game so I'm still hoping I can get my money's worth.
But it'll help