Author Topic: Getting The Gang Back Together For 76?  (Read 21304 times)

Brother None

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
Getting The Gang Back Together For 76?
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:05:51 AM »
Are we going to set up an Unwashed Village in 76?

I think I've got an old cardboard box full of pointy sticks and pomegranates down in my cellar which I could try to dig out.

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Getting The Gang Back Together For 76?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:00:02 PM »
There is an Unwashed Village steam group we could use for matchmaking with Villagers.

Friends don't let friends nuke themselves alone!

Brother None

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »
Aw crap. I forgot that we are in the age of multiple platforms. I'll be on Xbox.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 06:04:14 AM »
Aw crap. I forgot that we are in the age of multiple platforms. I'll be on Xbox.

Yeah, if I get this, it'll be for steam. I recently changed jobs and used my unused vacation to buy a sweet new gaming rig that Liz and I put togehter. (I wasn't planning on going for a GTX 1080 originally, but I was able to snag one for $615 (US) which put it pretty much the best deal I was going to find for a graphics card for the quality. (Fuck Ethereum in the ear!) And since I got a GPU that supported 4K, I naturally had to get a monitor that did so as well. So after paying more than I originally planned, I have a rig that can run pretty much any game out there at full graphics capability.

BTW, welcome back. I find it interesting that of the three of us posting in this thread, I'm the newest member of the UV.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 03:56:54 PM »

Yeah, if I get this, it'll be for steam. I recently changed jobs and used my unused vacation to buy a sweet new gaming rig that Liz and I put togehter. (I wasn't planning on going for a GTX 1080 originally, but I was able to snag one for $615 (US) which put it pretty much the best deal I was going to find for a graphics card for the quality. (Fuck Ethereum in the ear!) And since I got a GPU that supported 4K, I naturally had to get a monitor that did so as well. So after paying more than I originally planned, I have a rig that can run pretty much any game out there at full graphics capability.

BTW, welcome back. I find it interesting that of the three of us posting in this thread, I'm the newest member of the UV.

Not bad for the price of the 1080 with how bad the prices are getting due to bitcoin mining, I need to upgrade my system now as well since it's 10 years old and it's starting to reach the maximum capacity I'm going to get out of it. Glad you got a new one, enjoy those crisp 4k graphics!

As for the last line....lol some things you just don't think about anymore :P

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 01:51:53 AM »
I'd be down.
As for the Collector's edition, I may need to pass this time. 200 dollary doos for a helmet is a bit much
But it'll help

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 04:03:23 AM »

Not bad for the price of the 1080 with how bad the prices are getting due to bitcoin mining

Bitcoin isn't the problem anymore, since ASIC rigs are cheaper and faster at mining Bitcoins due to the type blockchain technology Bitcoin employs.

Ethereum is the big culprit these days. And from what I understand ASIC style rigs don't support the type of blockchain Ethereum and its ilk use, so GPU's (especially AMD) are still being used for that.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 08:30:14 PM »
I'm ordering the collector's edition, because I am are an idiot! :D

Oh and I'm getting it for PS4. Shame that Sony and Microsoft are dicks and don't do crossystem matching most of the time. :S
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 11:01:34 PM »
I might be in (on PC). I'll wait and see a review or comments from you guys first :)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 04:18:11 AM »

Cyptocurrency or not, it sucks that graphics cards are still so expensive. I remember when a top end card was $500 in like 2006, back in the Golden Era of 3D PC gaming. I figured by now they'd be a lot cheaper.

I'll probably get it on Xbox One.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 04:20:53 AM by KMD »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 07:36:34 PM »
Sounds like a damn good idea to me :D
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

Larspeart

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 08:33:32 PM »
This whole post is exactly why I re-found everyone here, :-(

I’ve pre-ordered the Tricentennial version, and I’ll be on PS4

Sooooo wanna get a community together so we don’t all get griefed right out of the gate.

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

www.myspace.com/kristopherw

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 04:42:24 AM »
That would involve me actually gaming on our PS4. (It was a gift from Liz's sister. We mostly use it for streaming.)

Larspeart

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 05:32:29 AM »
There ya go, Oh Hoopy One!  Dust off the gamer-bits on your shiny machine, and let’s do it!  😍
We're only immortal
For a limited time.

www.myspace.com/kristopherw

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
The beta begins October 23rd for Xbox One and Oct 30th for PS4/PC for customers who preordered the game. Release date is November 14th.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse