Author Topic: Invitation to the (not quiet as) lonely corner, 2017.  (Read 3967 times)

Alderach

• Tangerine Target
  • Patron Saint of the Lonely
    • View Profile
Invitation to the (not quiet as) lonely corner, 2017.
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »
Hello friends. Another year has passed, and again I want to share with you in a smidgen of the fellowship that this little wayside community has seen fit to cuddle us with for all these years.

A lot has changed since I joined, almost, what is it, twenty years ago? The world has changed, quiet remarkably for the better, even if waves of unease and hate are currently spreading across the continents. Technology the likes of which we could not dream has entered our lives so thoroughly as to be boringly mundane.

We have seen our little village grow and shrink, we have seen people live and die and we have seen everything in between. Today I will share such a Between with you, in the form of the continued story of my hat, which avid readers will know sprouted legs a bit more than a year hence.

As you can see, a year has made quiet an impact on the thing! No longer is it content to crawl 'pon the floor, no! Now it toddles about with its little arms in the air, chanting at all times the words "dugga dugga dugga". I can only assume it to be a dwarven mining song, perhaps an adaptation of that famous medley "Diggy Diggy Hole" that all dwarrov surely know by heart. Nevertheless, my hats antics warm my soul with their undeniable cuteness.

So, with my part over and done, I ask of you; What Between do you Cherish? What moment has brought you Fellowship?
And for those still traveling the lonely road as I once did; fear not. Though we might consider it a path most gruesome, it does not always have to be. If nothing else, you can have this: hug.

Thank you all, for reading, being and sharing with me, and welcome once again to this little lonely corner.

Where has it gone?
What I see all around me,
has always been there.
Strangely enough I always found it missing.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation to the (not quiet as) lonely corner, 2017.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:01:51 AM »
Hey, Aldy!

Good to hear things are going well for you. Cute kid.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 03:55:06 PM »
Your hat I quite fetching, though quite vibrant for a dwarf
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 05:54:50 PM »
Has your dwarf grown its beard yet? :o

Good to hear from you all the same.  :laugh:
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...