Author Topic: Fallout 4's DLC Announcement  (Read 5134 times)

Paladin Shlumps

• Tangerine Target
  • The preferable alternative to communism, is death.
    • View Profile
Fallout 4's DLC Announcement
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »
The first lineup of DLC for Fallout 4 has been announced, Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor will be released in the span of the next three months. If you have read up on the descriptions of the DLC's you'd know that Automatron and Wasteland Workshop will be the the first two to be released, they are also the smaller of the three in terms of content. In Automatron you will be able to create your own robot companions and in Wasteland Workshop, you can capture various enemies thought the wasteland and create your own arenas within your settlements and fight these enemies that you have captured... but thats about it for these two DLC's. My only problem is that Autmatron and Wasteland Workshop feel like filler until the much more expansive and content filled Far Harbor is released, modders in the past have been able to do the same thing that Automatron and Wasteland Workshop are trying to do. Bethesda in the past has stated that mods have inspired them to create official content for their games, but this it practically copying the exact formula. I just hope that any future content for Fallout 4 is more unique.   
The preferable alternative to communism, is death.

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
Re: Fallout 4's DLC Announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 01:38:03 AM »
My guess is that it'll be meh and I'll have to wait an extra month or eight for it so that the Xbox fanboys can play it first, because they really appreciate it, since most of them are either playing CoD or FIFA instead...

Then I'll probably play it and do everything possible in a few hours and then wonder what happened to the good old days of Expansion packs where you paid £15 and got a campaign like Half Life: Oposing Force...

(Sorry, I've just gotten cynical when it comes to DLC these days... xD)
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Paladin Shlumps

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 04:57:35 AM »
I could see the first two being "meh" but apparently, Far Harbor which is the third one, will be the biggest piece of landmass in a DLC that Bethesda has ever released. This has me excited, more dungeons, locations and a storyline, im sure it'll be good.

P.S. im one of those Xbox fanboys  :D

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:38:41 PM »
::pelts with tangerines::

DLC sux
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:08:44 PM »

DLC sux

I liked the Fallout 3 and maybe NV dlc though ;_;
*Attempts to block tangerines with dirty umbrella full of holes*
But it'll help

Paladin Shlumps

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:29:41 PM »

DLC sux

*Cries uncontrollably*

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »

DLC sux

*Cries uncontrollably*

::pelts harder::

Far Harbor sounds interesting but I'm not a huge fan of DLC either

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 03:54:38 AM »
In all seriousness though, I still haven't played FO4, but I don't imagine the DLC being much different from Fallout 3. While I could appreciate the new zones, all of the DLC suffered from being an excuse to introduce a new locale, perhaps a new smithing mechanic, and a powerful weapon for completing the associated quest. But none of them added or changed anything that would dramatically improve the base game's problems. Remember that Bethesda was one of the first to introduce console DLC (the infamous "horse armor") in Oblivion, but they also released the Shivering Isles, a fantastic expansion pack that offers a lot of creative areas, moral decisions, and humor that the base game sorely lacked. DLCs are like mini expansions that developers can release periodically, but usually add new content without improving on the flaws of the base game, at least from my experience.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse