Author Topic: You wanted smileys?  (Read 6501 times)

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
You wanted smileys?
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:22:41 AM »
Here ya friggin go.

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-X :-\ :-* :'( :!blank: :2thumbsup: :alien: :angel: :annoyed: :antlers: :balloon: :bandana: :beatnik: :beatnik2: :behead: :bigcry: :biker: :bobby: :bomb: :bomb2: :book: :book2: :bow: :bucktooth: :builder: :builder2: :gorgeous: :goofy: :glasses2: :glasses: :furious3: :furious: :freak: :fireman: :evilgrin: :evil3: :evil2: :elvis: :elf: :egypt: :ears: :earmuffs: :dunce2: :dunce: :drunk: :drummer: :dozey: :dizzy2: :disguise: :disappointed: :devilish: :devil: :deal2: :deal: :dead: :daisy: :cyclist: :curtain: :cry2: :crowngrin: :crown: :cowboy: :cool4: :cool3: :computer: :clown: :chinese: :chef: :charming: :bulb2: :bulb: :gossip: :greedy: :guitarist: :hair: :hair2: :hanged: :hat: :hat2: :heart: :helmet: :hippy: :huh2: :argue: :army: :artist: :baby:

Bleh.. Do the rest yourself..

Anyway, I will remove most of these, unless we can somehow compact the board so they won't show all the smileys at once. So pick yer favourites.

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
Re: You wanted smileys?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:06:01 PM »
Well, no-one can complain you've limited their choices, that's for sure ;D

But but...nice though all these shiny, bouncy new smileys are, don't forget our very own UV-made custom smiley - Sylvin's tea cup!

Celest

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:22:11 PM »
 :speechless:

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »
Anyway, I will remove most of these, unless we can somehow compact the board so they won't show all the smileys at once. So pick yer favourites.

There should be a way to do it. I've never seen a board that didn't have a separate pop-up window for the full range of smileys. We definitely shouldn't have them all showing up when people go to reply. It slows things down when it has to load all of them.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »
There should be a way to do it. I've never seen a board that didn't have a separate pop-up window for the full range of smileys. We definitely shouldn't have them all showing up when people go to reply. It slows things down when it has to load all of them.

I think there is.. I'm more annoyed by the space it takes up. Users won't actually load the images more than once, as they will be cached in their browsers.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 02:49:56 PM »
Found it! Now we're down to one line of smilies (on my PC anyway), the rest will popup once you hit "more"..

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 05:47:20 PM »

Deeeeeh deeeh deeeh... daaa daaa daaa deeeh...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 06:49:49 PM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 06:24:40 PM »
yippee - smiles!

:daisy:

"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »
Ohhh, perdy smilies! :surprised:

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.