Author Topic: What games have you been playing latly?  (Read 43086 times)

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
Re: What games have you been playing latly?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »
Also, I've been watching the expanse and american gods.

C'mon, make it fun.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

SmugVulture

• Tangerine Target
  • Eagle Scout, Backpacker and lover of fallout
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 01:53:26 AM »
I recently completed night in the woods for the second play through, still working on fallout 2.

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 02:18:56 AM »
I've been playing a lot of the Beta for the new Rising Storm 2: Vietnam game. Pretty fun especially if you liked Red Orchestra 2 or Insurgency.
But it'll help

TheVaultDweller

• Tangerine Target
  • Pelt me with tangerines until I change this text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2017, 01:38:20 AM »
Fallout 4 until I get sick of having to purge the cell buffer to avoid the infinite load screen bug. Robocraft (runs good on Linux). Minecraft because I actually maintain a mod called Modular Powersuits.

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2017, 09:08:18 AM »
Binding of Issac: Rebirth. I've always liked roguelikes, they're like if you combined a D&D dungeon and let a computer AI go LARPING. Its not really a roguelike, but about the closest that most people can enjoy.

Finished Dark Souls 3. I basically hate the game, and never want to play the series again. Not because its hard, but because its frustrating for bad reasons. Sad to say that, because some parts were actually fun.

Theres a few games I feel I need to play soon too. Deus EX: Mankind Divided, Zelda: Breath of Wild, DOOM.

Boy, life is really going to suck when I get married and have kids and a career.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2017, 10:12:16 AM »
I mean, you know that's up to you, right?

I got a lady I've been with for around five years.  People keep yelling at me to propose; I keep trying to explaint that I am down but that lady is less down.  Then I think, maybe  I should pop the question and she'll go for it even though she's less down; but maybeshe won't; but ahahhaghahhhhhhh FREAK OUT

but the nice thing is that I continue to have total control over my life and problems.  I mean, I love the lady, she has input, but, uhm

basically what I am trying to say is that whole "OH GOD IF YOU GET MARRIED YOU LOSE YOUR INDEPENDENCE" thing

seems pretty stupid to me.  I'm gonna keep chasing this woman to the end of the world, and if at the end of the world it turns out she's irritating me, then I'm gonna bitch at her
hopefully she'll think maybe I ahve a point
but if she don't think that, I'll think, god damn, life is hard.

Grow the fuck up.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »

Boy, life is really going to suck when I get married and have kids and a career.

I've been married for almost 5 years and my husband has just as much gaming/computer time as before we moved in together. Hell, he even masterbates more than he did before we were married (while still keeping up the interest in me that I expect/hope for).

Your priorities will change on their own. Unless you seriously fuck up somewhere, it won't be like someone flipped a light switch. Life will be as it is now, exactly what you make of it.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2017, 03:59:46 AM »
I mean, you know that's up to you, right?

I got a lady I've been with for around five years.  People keep yelling at me to propose; I keep trying to explaint that I am down but that lady is less down.  Then I think, maybe  I should pop the question and she'll go for it even though she's less down; but maybeshe won't; but ahahhaghahhhhhhh FREAK OUT

but the nice thing is that I continue to have total control over my life and problems.  I mean, I love the lady, she has input, but, uhm

basically what I am trying to say is that whole "OH GOD IF YOU GET MARRIED YOU LOSE YOUR INDEPENDENCE" thing

seems pretty stupid to me.  I'm gonna keep chasing this woman to the end of the world, and if at the end of the world it turns out she's irritating me, then I'm gonna bitch at her
hopefully she'll think maybe I ahve a point
but if she don't think that, I'll think, god damn, life is hard.

Grow the fuck up.

I've been with my partner for about 10.5 years now. Main reason we aren't married is her massive amount of debt. We'd be common law if we lived in a state that recognized it. She's my domestic partner on my company benefits. At the end of the day, marriage is simply a contract that lacks legal consideration (and the only binding contract that doesn't require consideration). It's a piece of paper that carries some nice legal benefits, but at the end of the day, your either committed to your relationship or you aren't. Having official legal standing can make that relationship harder to break off, but that's about it. Marriage is overrated.

I've been married for almost 5 years and my husband has just as much gaming/computer time as before we moved in together. Hell, he even masterbates more than he did before we were married (while still keeping up the interest in me that I expect/hope for).

It's "masturbate". Masterbate makes me think of someone who's really skilled at holding their breath.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »
For the record, I was totally kidding. Gaming will be a part of my life presumably for a long time, marriage won't really change that because my partner will accept the things i'm passionate about. But I do think and hope that when I settle down, that I'll find meaning in other things and playing games will have less significance. In a way I've been getting slightly bored of gaming lately anyway.

It's "masturbate". Masterbate makes me think of someone who's really skilled at holding their breath.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2017, 06:32:39 AM »

I figured I was spelling it wrong but I will put in on the record how well he holds his breath if anyone is interested. ;)
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »

I'm sure someone out there combines the two in strange ways...

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 05:31:39 AM »

I'm sure someone out there combines the two in strange ways...

Autoerotic asphyxiation?
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2017, 05:44:34 AM »
I've been playing quite a bit of Fallout 4 lately (buried under a ton of mods, naturally), but mostly I'm still playing Elite Dangerous, and still telling Turjan's stories on YouTube ("Turjan's Travels" is up to 33 episodes now...a crazier total than even all my UV scribblings!).

Well, I say still playing Elite, but recently I came into possession of an Oculus Rift, so now it's not really playing Elite, but a feeling more like actually being in a spaceship and flying around the galaxy! Yes, the difference really is that great.  8)

Don't think I'll be trying Fallout 4 in VR though...no one should ever get that close to a giant naked mole rat in full on 3D...  :o

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2017, 01:52:45 AM »
How did I not know Turjan made youtube videos?

I've been playing some Skyrim recently and the new XCOM 2 expansion (which is how it's DONE!) Never played Skyrim until now, actually, which most find surprising, it is to me as well.

Never tried Elite Dangerous and I've given up caring about Star Citizen so who knows, maybe I'll give it a gander once things settle down a bit in real life.

Oh, and been playing a ton of Stellaris. If you like strategy and 4X games it's a hell of a wonderful time sink!

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2017, 04:48:21 AM »
I backed Divinity Original Sin 2 on Kickstarter and have been playing it. It's fun.