Author Topic: What games have you been playing latly?  (Read 43131 times)

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
Re: What games have you been playing latly?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »
Been playing through Batman: Arkham Asylum, those games are nearly ten years old but I've only just gotten around to playing them. In fact I've owned PS3 copies for five years but still, I've waited so long that I ended up getting the 'remastered' version on PS4.

I really enjoy it so far, as it feels like an interactive version of the animated series, which I binge watched a month or two ago. It's like a whole new way to get my fix.  :D
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 09:35:18 AM »
Fallout 3! I'm playing with a couple of mods to add weather, a little more vegetation and a mod to remove the green tinge, I added the mods mid way through playing and they've made the whole game seem a lot better.  I see there's a mod to add original Fallout weapons in, that's my next stop.

It also helps that I'm playing on a machine way more powerful than my old Core 2 Duo and 8800GT combo, for as good as that machine was it wasn't quite up for ultra with visual enhancements.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 05:28:36 AM »
Torment Tides of Numenera
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2017, 04:32:09 AM »
Is it as good/better of Planescape: Torment?
But it'll help

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 04:52:44 AM »
Is it as good/better of Planescape: Torment?

So far it is, granted, I'm not very far in, yet.

It certainly "plays" better than PST did. Then again, from an UI/UX perspective, very few RPG's have aged well.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2017, 01:31:24 AM »
Last week, me and my lifelong friend ended up buying Warcraft 3 again... God the nostalgia is unreal.

To celebrate, I used the world editor to create a large scale battle, where the humans and night elves fought off against the undead and the Orcs. I named it the Battle of the Bastards and I finally got to play it today, on a LAN game.

The battle lasted 45 minutes, around the length of the Anglo/Zanzibar war, the shortest war on record.

I've been meaning to play through the campaign again, one of these days.

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 02:49:12 AM »
I've been playing a lot of Mordheim: City of the Damned lately with my warband being Chaos cultists with average joe names likes Steve and Bill. I've also been playing Blackwake and Foxhole on steam aswell.
But it'll help

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 09:58:14 AM »
I've turned to puzzle games recently: The Witness and The Room are both very good.

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 04:51:06 AM »
All of them!  I am blessed with an independent woman who likes her alone time, so I continue to be just as huge as a nerd as I was fifteen years ago. 

Electronically, uhm, persona 5, watch dogs 2, mafia 3, stardew valley, invisible inc.  Uhm, slightly farther in the past, I like Horizon: Zero Dawn a lot.  Looking forward to my immediate future, I want to play the new Yakuza.

In meatspace, I recently got a board game called Gloomhaven that I'm really enjoying.  I also played some Lords of Waterdeep and Catan with family last weekend, which were fun as always.
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2017, 01:23:31 AM »
I've been hooked on Persona 5, it's stolen my heart.  :-*

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2017, 04:03:29 AM »
So I finished Torment: Tides of Numenera a few weeks ago.

It was a great game, but overall not as good as the original Torment. For the most part, the party members weren't as interesting. The game is also noticeably shorter. The combat was also a bit awkward for a modern game. I could go into more detail, but I will say the game is worth playing, and it's one of the better games I've played, but it's not going to make any "best of all time" lists like PS:  T did.

Right now I'm playing both DOOM and Fallout 4.

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 04:51:38 AM »
Yooka Laylee and Dark Souls 3
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »

How you liking Yooka Laylee?
But it'll help

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 06:41:54 AM »

How you liking Yooka Laylee?

Its not awful, but disappointing. I'm a big fan of the first two BK games (especially Tooie) and Yooka Laylee's biggest problem so far is that the levels are HUGE but confusing. There's little indication of what to do or where to go, and its easy to get lost which can make it a little boring. The game has a lot of new characters, a few are great, but most don't make sense. Its not as polished as the older games, but I still recommend playing it if you like them. The humor is still good, and it does some things differently which I can appreciate. I'm about halfway through right now.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »
I've moved onto Persona 4.

"Every Day is great at your Junes!"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:36:20 AM by The Hanged Man »