Author Topic: Some better news  (Read 2581 times)

Xerxes

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Wielder of the Xcutsel Widget
    • View Profile
Some better news
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »
Well, a couple of weeks ago I went Live Action Roleplaying at the Lorien Trust. Met lots of new people, had a good time. Met one of my old university friends and he was so welcoming that I got back in touch with them all on Facebook, and was welcomed back.

Turns out I didn't need to worry about a lot of shit that has been weighing me down for, literally, years.

I've bought an e-cigarette, and it has replaced most of my tobacco smoking. Not all, yet, but I'll get there. I'm breathing much more easily and my room smells much better.

Managed to get the questions sorted out with the lawyers too - now it is a question of can they procrastinate enough to make me give in? (Answer - no.)

Barman! Get the ales in!
I am thinking of changing my title to "He who must only be mentioned in passing".

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Re: Some better news
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »
Good to hear. It seems like worrying about most things is silly, because things are almost never as bad as you might think.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
I'm happy to hear this, I was wondering how your court case was going.

Glad to here that things are going well for you, it's hard to remember but things can 'turn out' as well as 'turn.'
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

Xerxes

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Wielder of the Xcutsel Widget
    • View Profile
Another new bear pic
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »
His name is Alphie, and I bought him because I thought he looked cute.
I am thinking of changing my title to "He who must only be mentioned in passing".

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 11:45:48 PM »
You thought right.  :laugh:
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...