Author Topic: Can anybody ID this line of comics for me, Google isn't helping!  (Read 2529 times)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
Okay, so there was a line of comics that started around 2001 or 2002, and I don't know if they're still going on or who the publisher was.  I want to say either Wildstorm or Image, someone who was in bed with Wizard at the time, that much I remember.  Anyway, the basic plot is that there's this ancient Sumerian gateway into Hell that gets found out in the Middle East somewhere, and the Powers That Be decide they want to investigate it, because that's always a good idea, but when they send in teams of spec ops people, they die instantly; literally the process of going through the gateway divaricates them all into piles of viscera.  The Powers That Be figure out that the only people who can go through the gateway without getting turned into slurry are the sorts of people who are slated to go there when they die ANYWAY.  So they start getting a team of hardened criminals and kitting them out in army gear and sending them through the gateway to see what's up on the other side, all in exchange for pardons.  The main character runs into his mother down there at one point, and at another point it rains spears from the sky like in 300, but that's all I can remember.  Anybody know what I'm talking about?
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Can anybody ID this line of comics for me, Google isn't helping!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
No idea, but that sounds pretty fucked up  :laugh: to bad you dont rember any charcter's names, one can usally cross reference things like that
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
Re: Can anybody ID this line of comics for me, Google isn't helping!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »
Got it!  It was called Inferno: Hellbound by Top Cow, and it ran for about two years, something like that.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"