Author Topic: In the US  (Read 3471 times)

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
In the US
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:13:37 AM »
So, I landed in Omaha around 4 hours delayed. Silly thunderstorms keeping pilots for Delta grounded in cities all around Atlanta. On the bright side, there was a burger-king with onion rings. Nomnomnom!

Spent the last couple days with my old host-family, everything from shopping to just chilling at home, palying with the dogs in the yard, helping my hostmom plant some stuff and adjusting all the cabinet doors in the basement kitchen. They're remodeling the entire basement into a separate apartment for my host-sister and her husband now that he's ending the military and they're both gonna study for a few years. Tomorrow I promised to paint the top of the stairwell where all these short people can't reach ^_^ Als o spent a ton of money on clothes and electronics. Gotta love having bought over a grand back when the dollar was cheap ^^

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: In the US
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 05:21:06 PM »
That reminds me.. I have to get someone at work to bring back some electronics for me. Is it really that much cheaper over there?

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »
chicago dates?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »
Chicago dates will be forthcoming when Hoopy gets on the board again and we figure them out ^_ ^

Some thigns are cheaper, but the rising dollar is taking a cut of the savings compared to DK prices. I bought  a Razer Naga mouse for $70 though :)

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 05:29:09 AM »
I'm back.

Any weekend this month will be fine, though this weekend is a bit bad since Liz has 8 hours of class each day on Friday and Saturday, and then we're going out to my house to do some cleaning on Sunday.

So what works best for you?
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 05:28:30 AM »
*sighs*

Sorry about the alte response, shit happened with a couple friends here. The cheap tickets are all sold out, resulting in the price being a minimum $260 round-trip, which is over my budget :/ However, it looks like I might be selling some MTG cards (in the multi-thousand dollar department), in which case I'll be back next year and will have made sure that tickets etc are reserved before I even hit stateside soil. *grumbles* I really wanted to go to Chicago and see you guys :(

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 03:13:55 AM »
*sighs*

Sorry about the alte response, shit happened with a couple friends here. The cheap tickets are all sold out, resulting in the price being a minimum $260 round-trip, which is over my budget :/ However, it looks like I might be selling some MTG cards (in the multi-thousand dollar department), in which case I'll be back next year and will have made sure that tickets etc are reserved before I even hit stateside soil. *grumbles* I really wanted to go to Chicago and see you guys :(

'Tis okay. I'll should still be around Chicago next year, barring Liz having to move after law school. Will probably even be in Bucktown/Wicker Park/Humboldt/Ukie Village area even.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!