Author Topic: Known bugs  (Read 11013 times)

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Known bugs
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
I'm still having the problems.
It may be a firewall issue. And if so, I'm just gonna hafta accept it. Oh well.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 02:45:28 AM »
Firewall sounds very strange.. Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 03:52:40 AM »
I use teh fox.
Rar.
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

Moo.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 11:39:17 AM »
Ok.. strange indeed. Having nothing happen at all would in my eyes point to a javascript problem or something like that. The server times out more frequently at the moment, but for me, it always goes to a white error screen.

I thought it was the new board, but seeing as www.unwashed.org also times out, it's our hosts again.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 05:35:21 AM »
I've noticed that twice now someone has put an image in their post and it's bled into the previous post. I've included a pic of what's happening. BTW, I have the forum setup so newest posts are at the top. Oh and it would probably help you to know that I'm seeing this in Firefox.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 07:06:59 AM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »
I've noticed that twice now someone has put an image in their post and it's bled into the previous post. I've included a pic of what's happening. BTW, I have the forum setup so newest posts are at the top. Oh and it would probably help you to know that I'm seeing this in Firefox.

I think it is either because your browser hasn't loaded the CSS properly, probably due to the host, which is being pretty unstable at the moment.

If this is the case, a simple refresh should fix it..

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 08:41:01 PM »

Ewwww.... that's creepy. You have the newest posts at the top? That's... just weird.

It's like seeing Blue Ketchup.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 11:15:25 PM »
Or a well adjusted teenager.

Moo.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 03:39:05 AM »
Okay, now I know something is screwy on my end.
I mean, I posted to a thread, got shown the post and then flipped on to the forum main page, only to see it wasn't there.
I check the thread again, and sure enough its not there.

Naww I say to myself, and go back to the main page and hit refresh again and again until it switches.
Took 5 tries but there it was. Hooray.

So yeah, I think it might be a caching problem on my end mixed with a silly firewall. I'll live with it.
Just FYI should something else similar occur.

Moo.

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »
Trying holding CTRL as you refresh the page, it should clear your browsers cache for that page. Some browser allow you to turn caching off. It's strange though, the pages should already tell your browser to disable caching.. But as you say, it could just be that you're behind a proxy that caches the pages. In that case, try adding a bogus value to the end of the address: i.e. instead of http://www.unwashed.org/forum/index.php, use http://www.unwashed.org/forum/index.php?snuff=1

Or for threads, use http://www.unwashed.org/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=22.15;num_replies=23&something=goat

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 02:27:19 AM »
Hi everyone, this is Killmod.

I thought I would just mention that, in changing my email account on my profile several weeks ago, I was unable to log in without confirming my email address, which never got. Chances are I spelled it wrong, but nonetheless it was annoying enough. So I just decided to create a new name. I figured, being a bug, it belonged here.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 05:07:43 AM »
Hi everyone, this is Killmod.

I thought I would just mention that, in changing my email account on my profile several weeks ago, I was unable to log in without confirming my email address, which never got. Chances are I spelled it wrong, but nonetheless it was annoying enough. So I just decided to create a new name. I figured, being a bug, it belonged here.

You put "www." in front of your email. If you want, I can fix that, and delete this account. It's up to you.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!