Author Topic: So, I just watched S. Darko  (Read 1675 times)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
So, I just watched S. Darko
« on: May 12, 2010, 07:11:56 AM »
Okay, I know that most of the fans of the Donnie Darko hated S. Darko, but I liked it. I'm just unclear about a few things (What a shocker, I'm confused by a Donnie Darko movie.)

Is Frank the Bunny real in the movie's world? I don't mean is the guy named Frank who wears the bunny costume in the first movie real, I mean the entity of Frank the Bunny, the ominous otherworldly Frank, does he exist as a separate and distinct entity independent from Donnie's psychoses and of the main and tangent universes?

The reason I ask is that in S. Darko, there's a few scenes where a dead version of Samantha appears, talking in Frank's voice and a couple of times where lightning strikes and illuminates Samantha and in that split second, Frank appears in her place. I'm unclear whether or not the movie was saying that this character was playing the same role as Frank did in the first movie or if this character IS Frank. If it IS Frank, then that means he's real because both Donnie and the tangent universe from the first film are gone and Frank is still around independent of both of them.

So yeah, I guess "what IS Frank exactly?" is the main bulletpoint of the above.

And please, no snarky answers about him being a giant bunny rabbit or anything like that. You know what I mean.

"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"