Author Topic: Why everything sucks  (Read 2428 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Why everything sucks
« on: August 01, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08012009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/why_everything_sucks_182513.htm

Op-Ed by Craig Ferguson.

Excerpt -

So the deification of youth evolved, and turned into the deification of imbecility. It became fashionable to be young and to be stupid. And that grew, and that grew, and that grew, and now that's what all the kids want to be. "I just want to be young and stupid!" But you know what? That's not what you want to be. You do not want to be young and stupid.

*agrees*
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Why everything sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:40:39 AM »
Kids are friggen dumb. Always have been.

It's just being a kid lasts longer now - for many, they're 25 / 28 / 30 with no direction, no real way to make a living, can't really do anything.

And you know what else?

These little ####'s are always on my mother###ing lawn, too. Prick bastards.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: Why everything sucks
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 04:11:41 PM »
Kids are friggen dumb. Always have been.

It's just being a kid lasts longer now - for many, they're 25 / 28 / 30 with no direction, no real way to make a living, can't really do anything.

And you know what else?

These little ####'s are always on my mother###ing lawn, too. Prick bastards.

They fucking bike on mine. Assholes!
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!