Author Topic: Fear the Sleestaks!  (Read 3201 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Fear the Sleestaks!
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:10:29 AM »
http://www.hulu.com/land-of-the-lost

Guess what's on Hulu!   8)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Fear the Sleestaks!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:42:31 AM »
Looks like a few of the ones that I remember are on the front page.

1. The Sleestack from the "Future".
2. Future Holly.

The others are the one where the Future Pilot (from the far of year of 1992) tried to get them back home and the one where the Pylon? gave them food and soap from Earth but Chakas? tribe wouldn't let them have it.

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »
Looks like a few of the ones that I remember are on the front page.

1. The Sleestack from the "Future".
2. Future Holly.

The others are the one where the Future Pilot (from the far of year of 1992) tried to get them back home and the one where the Pylon? gave them food and soap from Earth but Chakas? tribe wouldn't let them have it.

There's only one real Land of the Lost  I mean seriously, how can a show with a T-Rex named Scarface NOT be amazing?!  People who grew up with the original series said this one is lame, but this is the one I grew up with and I loved it!  All I know about Sid & Marty Krofft is that they made shows with scary-ass puppets playing weird 70s bubblegum pop.  No thanks!

And for that matter, there are only three real Sleestacks; Shung... and then those other two who weren't bad ass!

I mean, LOOK at this guy!  He looks like a Sleestak... FROM HELL!!!  Couple that with him having a crystal sword that he used to control larger dinosaurs, and you have a character leaps and bounds beyond the rubbery, naked, cave-dwelling lizard men from the antiquated series.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:30:42 PM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:13:11 AM »

Guessing's all I CAN do (without going through a proxy which I can't be bothered doing)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 12:22:37 AM »

Guessing's all I CAN do (without going through a proxy which I can't be bothered doing)

Maybe if you lived in a real country.   ;D

j/k

Yeah I guess Hulu needs to figure out a way to keep the networks and their advertisers happy about the shows being available in other places. Like many things it all comes down to money.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:18:13 PM »
I mean, LOOK at this guy! 

He's.... waving?

He looks like a Sleestak... FROM HELL!!!  Couple that with him having a crystal sword that he used to control larger dinosaurs, and you have a character leaps and bounds beyond the rubbery, naked, cave-dwelling lizard men from the antiquated series.

The Crystal Power Sword is NO MATCH for the Crossbows of Inaccuracy