Author Topic: Being a Raider fan, I felt it was necessary to convey something today  (Read 2187 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
*facepalm*

That is all
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Being a Raider fan, I felt it was necessary to convey something today
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:24:22 AM »
At one point, baseball commissioner Bowie Kuhn (sp?) stepped in and told Charles Finley "no, you can't make these moves, it's bad for baseball"

They need to do the same for Al Davis.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »
At one point, baseball commissioner Bowie Kuhn (sp?) stepped in and told Charles Finley "no, you can't make these moves, it's bad for baseball"

They need to do the same for Al Davis.

As I've said elsewhere, it's not the players he took but where he took them. I mean if DHB is your guy for round 1, why not trade down? It's not like there wasn't tons of movement yesterday from teams trying to get specific players. Drop down a few spots and if DHB isn't still there then the OT Monroe would have been. Oh and you would have saved yourself a huge wad of cash.

The SS might also be scary good in the NFL but probably could have been taken a couple of rounds after he was. I don't know though because, as I said, scary good.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:47:41 PM »
The SS might also be scary good in the NFL but probably could have been taken a couple of rounds after he was. I don't know though because, as I said, scary good.

Turns out I was dead wrong. The guy that Mel Kiper claimed most teams didn't have on their draft boards and that we could have picked up as an undrafted free agent was about to get picked by Chicago when the Raiders nabbed him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/nfldraft/chi-26-haugh-bears-nfl-draft-apr26,0,4716296.column

At the beginning of the second round, the Bears told Ohio safety Michael Mitchell to stay by his phone because they planned to draft him at No. 49. But the Raiders beat them to it, taking Mitchell two spots earlier.

This kid has responded to Kiper's criticism by saying he's going to get a picture of Kiper and put it in his locker as extra motivation throughout his career. I'm liking this guy a lot already.  8)