Author Topic: Movie Posters from Foreign Countries  (Read 1949 times)

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
Movie Posters from Foreign Countries
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »
What foreign posters for famous movies look like.

Incidentally, this is one of the less weird ones.  Ghostbusters is like...wow!  I like the Weekend at Bernie's one if only because I can't help but wonder how that movie would have have played out as a dadaist black comedy from Eastern Europe.  It strikes me as the kind of film you find at Blockbuster that has some quote on the front from some respected critic saying, "A devilishly morbid film...and Wickedly Funny!", and then you go home and it's like you're being subjected to A Clockwork Orange's reconditioning film for two hours.

EDIT:  Actually, I would prefer if this would be the default image they used for every movie Harvey was in where we had to see his schlong.  I mean, I like Harvey as an actor.  I think he's very talented.  I don't want to see his wang on a 20/40 screen!  I'm not mentally prepared for that.  Plus, I half expected Paul Atreides to come running in and try to climb it.  Yes, Harvey's Keitel on screen is a formidable, horrifying site that beggars one's hold on their sanity, like one of the Great Old Ones.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:40:59 AM by Loveshack »
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: Movie Posters from Foreign Countries
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:34:56 AM »
King Kong battles a giant snake while bodyslamming a shark WHILE destroying the Titanic while Batman climbs down the rope with his Giant Monster Repellent Bat spray?

I would so watch this movie.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:26:42 AM »
King Kong battles a giant snake while bodyslamming a shark WHILE destroying the Titanic while Batman climbs down the rope with his Giant Monster Repellent Bat spray?

Is it wrong that I like the title Captain Supermarket better than Army of Darkness?  I so WANT that poster!
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »

Yea, this looks like a good one.