Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538443 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #435 on: February 08, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
Here I am trying out a new outfit.  Of course while I had it on someone broke a mirror...housework doesn't stop even for a fancy dress.

:nice:

=) Too cute.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2008, 12:15:35 AM »
and in other news, my wee kid is getting a power wheel chair - that should be a lot of fun for the new walls in our new house.  :laugh:

hmm..oh, and I have a mini van now instead of my sexy black car! I think that officially  makes me a mom. LOL
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 11, 2008, 09:37:35 PM »
Wow. O.O
If only I had someone around who looked that good to vacuum my house >.<
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 17, 2008, 08:46:38 PM »
Something from Iraq... It was from the Children's Memorial

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »
Damn, that's what I call a wake-up call O.O

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 23, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »
I found out yesterday that my cat has diabetes. He seems to be doing fine but had been drinking and urinating a lot more than usual. So I took him in to the vet and got the bad news. There is hope because about 30% of the time if it's caught early enough you can actually reverse it in cats so it goes away. He just had blood work done in November and it didn't show up then so hopefully we've caught it early enough to stop it.

It is manageable even if it stays but it's just going to require me giving him insulin shots and keeping him on a special diet that may throw his PH balance off. In the past, he's formed crystals in his urine if his PH goes too high or too low. So I'm more than a little worried about the situation atm.

Also, my Dad remembered my birthday but the UV forgot. So basically the world is turned upside down atm.

:P
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #441 on: February 23, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »

Also, my Dad remembered my birthday but the UV forgot. So basically the world is turned upside down atm.

:P

Technically no. I looked at the board and went. Ah... Brugs birthday is in 4 days. I don't want to mention it NOW... I'll wait.

-=\

When is Chucara doing to do that birthday feed?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 24, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
so that birthday reminder things sucks, right? Like a few weeks UP to the birthday a tiny message at the bottom of the screen says it's gonna be someones birthday soon...then on the actual day it disappears.

Anyway, happy birthday week Brugdor and TomCo. :D   Hope getting older isn't as depressing as TV makes it seem!!!!  ;D
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2008, 06:14:25 AM »
My boyfriend's Father passed away this morning from Stage 4 Cancer. Here's a cut and paste I did. Names are changed though.

----

As most of you know, Pete's Dad and my future Father in Law (Even though I already called him Dad) passed away this morning.

The last month has been very difficult for us especially since more and more time was taken away and faster than we anticipated. What was several years before the prognosis, become six months to a one year, which then turned into a few months then turned into you don't even have a week left, Friday will be too late. We never got the chance to bring him out to Vegas or have him sit in the Captain's chair at Quarks but Pete was able to be there with his sister as Dad passed on. I think if he wasn't able to be there for that it would have haunted him for a very long time even though it wouldn't have been his fault. But he was able to be there and that's something. So thank you to all the people who helped be it with finances, a call, e-mails, posts or whatever else you may have done. It's made things far easier.

The say that nobody truly dies if people know about the person. I suppose in some ways that's true. Memorable people in history still seem alive because people told their story. Jim was just awesome. I remember the first mention of Pete's Dad. We just started dating and Pete was telling me about telling Dad about me. Me not liking Bush was the clincher. "Oh... I like her!" was his response. He taught different political courses at the college so that might have helped endear me to him.

Eventually we met and had a great time at Disneyland. Being a college professor he had the smarts and was a great storyteller. He could tell me about Jericho, Charlie Wilson or anything in general and I would just be spellbound. He knew how to tell interesting stories. Pete, his sister, his niece and nephew left for a while and Jim and I just chatted about everything. At the end of his Disneyland trip he spoke to me private and said he wanted to give me his blessing if "we decide to make something of this".

There's just so many good things I can tell about his character. He raised a good son and good daughter. He was a decent guy, knowledgeable, and just a treat to be around.

I'll miss him a great deal... I feel so bad for Pete because as big as my pain is, I can only imagine how many times it's being magnified to him and his sister.

----------

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2008, 06:07:25 PM »
:(

*hugs Dooms*

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that Dooms, my thoughts are with you both.

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 01, 2008, 01:58:14 AM »
hi dooms

i'm sorry for your loss and although there's not much i can say, i'm glad you and pete have each other at this difficult time

*hugs

xx
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2008, 09:15:29 PM »
I got tickets to see David Attenborough in June. Here's the blurb from the site;

Sir David Attenborough's distinguished career in broadcasting spans more than 50 years. As the innovative former Controller of BBC2 and the BBC's Director of Programmes, he pioneered a new era of high quality broadcasting. An estimated 500 million people worldwide watched his 13-part series Life on Earth (1979). Presenter of popular series such as Life in the Freezer (1993), The Life of Birds (1998), and Life in the Undergrowth (2005), Attenborough has also written 17 books. In this Director's Cut, Sir David will be discussing key aspects of his career, including his latest series and book just out, Life in Cold Blood.

I'm so excited, the man is a legend.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 19, 2008, 03:14:51 AM »
I'm taking this week off of work to get some painting done in my house so I can get it on the market eventually.

I'm repainting the master bedroom. My parents are down here helping, and my girlfriend is on spring break and she's helping. However, she won't be around for the third (and hopefully final) coat tomorrow because she needs to study.

Painting sucks. That's all I have to say.

All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 25, 2008, 03:03:05 PM »
Haven't been online much at all these days. I've been riding on the roller coaster from hell for a couple of months now. One of those, bad mood, nothing good to say, so stay afk. My mother-in-law passed away in February after many months of critical condition, in and out of hospitals. On top of that there's been lots of bullshit landing on our doorstep(family), so my stress levels are at an all time high and my health is probably at an all time low.
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm thinking of you, I just don't have anything cheery to post.:( Things will get better and I will be back.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.