Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538615 times)

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2007, 04:39:43 AM »

This ALL started because I wasn't able to fill out a government grant.

They have a better chance of getting money from the tooth fairy.

A 60 page government grant. Gee... the Adobe Photoshop Goddess can't decipher a 60 page government grant. I mean if you know Adobe and Clone Brushes and Paths you should be able to fill out government grants.

Tell your boss I would charge 5-7k to decipher and write the proposal for such a grant. Prepaid, please (because I already know they won't see a dime.)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2007, 05:42:30 AM »

I LOVE IT!!!!
[/quote]

Awesome. Feel free to use it. =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2007, 06:15:17 AM »
Junie's weight gain is surprising to me. I've given her treats but I didn't give her a large amount. eg. One bite of a hamburger (after I broke it off), one slice of ham, etc.

Just giver her healthy foodz, like melonz;D
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2007, 01:23:46 PM »
We finally got some pics of the grandkids last night. It's been over a year since we've seen them and they've gotten so big...and adorable. I'm supposed to start working at the carwash next week. I quit working for the landlord, and now I'm going to work for his son. We've worked together for several yrs. now, and make a great work team, so we figured "why not". Before, we were pressure washing heavy construction equipment, now I'll be washing cars. It's easier, less grubby and sure as hell pays better:) I don't know why, I just can't handle being stuck behind a desk, and I despise the phone. After taking 133 calls in a 4 hour shift, you learn to hate the phone.
My grand-daughter is such a ham! She was actually posing, every time someone grabbed the camera. I keep telling my step-daughter to look into modeling for this child. She's just so cute!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »
I and the boyfriend are working extra to get cushion money for Vegas.

Taking a page from Night Owl's book, we're doing writing assignments for people. The pay is decent. The truly good assignments haven't arrived yet.

I find myself being impatient with the move. I'm tired of San Diego. Perhaps it's just my traveling nature but I can't wait to move again. Las Vegas should be fun for a few years. I figure Las Vegas for a while and then perhaps to Ventura or another city 'above' LA.

I also can't wait till I quit so I can really tell you about my job. No need to do a 100% rant until I'm out of there.

=)
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2007, 08:36:47 PM »
Mmmm, job-rant on crazy bitch-bosses and high-school-minded coworkers who love gossip. Can't wait  :dozey:

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2007, 01:18:49 AM »
I figure Loveshack might like this review.
---------------------------------------------

We watched Superman Vs Doomsday last night.

The trouble with getting older is you start picking apart comic book logic. Like the Superfriends for example.

"Why is the Legion of Doom using Multi Million dollar robots to rob a liqour store? Couldn't they just sell the robots to the US military and get a contract for 10 year maintaince plan from the Pentagon and make BILLIONS? All while making themselves look like heroes to America?"

So I'm watching the movie and it's not super bad but it's not good. They changed the voices. Anne Heche sounds like she's giving her lines after a marathon. The writing is poor. Superman's drawn with lines on his face to make himself look chiseled but it looks like bad art. Luthor looks metrosexual and not imposing. Toyman isn't a creepy Talking Tina type doll anymore but rather a overweight Goth Kid. But first to the plot holes.

Superman needs to save Lois and Jimmy in helicopters. However he's fighting Doomsday. What does he do? He throws Doomsday through a building and causes it to collapse killing a few thousand people... just to save two. Superman then throws him on railroad tracks (then we see a train go by with the soon to be killed passengers), more buildings and through what I'm guessing is an orphanage.

Then he continues throwing Doomsday though building after building. At no time did he throw him out into the water to fight. Heck, fly him up to Jupiter and throw him in the red spot. Finally at the end he lifts him into near orbit and flies back down with incredible velocity right in the middle of a major city. Couldn't he land in the Arctic or a cornfield?

Finally after thousands of deaths, destroyed buildings, damaged power stations and for all intents and purposes a meteorite striking the city, the citizens of Metropolis are freed of the being who caused the damage when Superman dies.

Here's a review from another site. The part with Luthor on top of Superman's back while on the ground and asking: "Who's your Daddy" sticks in my mind.

To top it all off, this is quite possibly the gayest Superman ever portrayed on film. I don't mean that in a derrogative sense, I mean that in the sense that this film is laced with slightly veiled homo-erotic phrases or imagery. At more then one occasion, Lex refers to Superman as a "Beautiful God." There's a seen were Lex is fighting his evil Superman clone, straddled on top of him and asking "Why did you leave me?" For a moment, not just myself but the others watching the film with me, honestly thought Lex was gonna kiss him! Throw on top of that a few shots of Supes in a thong with his flowing locks and some oil wrestling between the two Superman and you really get to wondering. My favorite part had to be when evil Superman grabbed the now long-locked Superman by the hair, repeatedly pulling him down to "Knee" him in the face. Of course, all we see is Superman's head bobbing up and down a few times, before falling to his knees and onto the ground. Evil Superman follows this attack with, "Now who's better EQUIPPED to defend the city." I almost fell out of my chair.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2007, 01:36:06 AM »
Going back to Dominica for my Block LEAVE!!! WOW ISLAND LIFE AGAIN!

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2007, 02:40:35 PM »
i'm just back from london after helping Nat move into her new flat down there.
the flats all horrible and empty and i'm surprised about how much i miss her to be honest.

we were out on saturday to a karaoke bar in london, sang our hearts out, had a little cry and a hug, we'd become a lot closer than i expected but its good.

I've got a few more months up here before i move down but i'm ready for it.
i'm done with Glasgow, its time for London.
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »
, its time for London.

London's calling?
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2007, 01:49:40 AM »
, its time for London.

London's calling?

It might clash with her schedule.

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2007, 10:20:44 AM »
Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2007, 01:46:45 PM »
I figure Loveshack might like this review.
---------------------------------------------

Toyman isn't a creepy Talking Tina type doll anymore but rather a overweight Goth Kid. But first to the plot holes.

[/end quote]
roflmao!
Owl used to have his computer at work setup so that if you hit certain keys, little sound files would play. One of them was "My name is Talky Tina, and I don't think I like you." The first time I saw the Talking Tina episode, I threw my Chatty Kathy in the bushes across the street. :)
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2007, 10:11:16 PM »
roflmao!
Owl used to have his computer at work setup so that if you hit certain keys, little sound files would play. One of them was "My name is Talky Tina, and I don't think I like you." The first time I saw the Talking Tina episode, I threw my Chatty Kathy in the bushes across the street. :)
LOL!

At the Welfare department, one of the managers saw "When a Stranger Calls." It's based one the urban legend of a teenager babysitting children and receiving threatening phone calls. In the legend, the teenager calls the police to trace the call. They call back and tell her to get out of the house NOW since the calls are coming from that same house. In some versions, the children have been murdered after the first check and he's trying to lure her up so he can kill her. The movie really freaked the supervisor out.

So I'm walking down the hall and she comes out in front of me but her back is turn and she's walking about 10 feet ahead of me. At this time I was studying cartoon voices and I said in a Witchy kinda tone: "Havvvve yoooo checked... THE CHILLLLLLDREN HAAAAAH???"

She screamed and threw her papers up in the air.

;D

I didn't MEAN to scare her. The voice just came out.

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »
Apparently I have a new cat... we found a little black and white stray kitten.  It's incredibly friendly; to the point where it won't leave you alone and is constantly under foot.  Stitch keeps hissing and swiping at her though.

I didn't want one cat, now I have three! how did this happen?