Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541912 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2007, 07:58:56 AM »
i'm debating if i want to be a dj on campus radio. there's a meeting tonight, if i miss it i wont be able to dj. if i go, what will i talk about? what music will i play? it'll be no use talking about tangerines, or anything that i'd really talk about because no one would listen to that. debating is no fun when it's with yourself.

When I went to Southern Tech near Atlanta, one of my buddies was a dj at the school's radio station. As I recall the station was WOGR and they had t-shirts that said, "Pick the WOGR".

;D
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2007, 06:48:24 PM »
When I went to Southern Tech near Atlanta, one of my buddies was a dj at the school's radio station. As I recall the station was WOGR and they had t-shirts that said, "Pick the WOGR".

;D

That'snot bad!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2007, 05:27:14 AM »
Went to a tequila dinner and got bored out of my mind.

This is a dinner where you show up and pay respects to someone who got an award. I figured... eh... there's food and tequila. It might be fun.

It might be... but it wasn't. Basically it was tiny bite sized food (crackers and cheese) and lots of standing around. I left before the awards started.

Even thinking about it make me bored. Some people paid $60.00 to get in and left 40 minutes later. They didn't look too happy either.

I expect to hear something on Monday about me not staying.

Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2007, 07:46:41 AM »
hmmm

brianna is on a new medication and one of the side effects could be insomnia...

*yawns*

she ain't showing any sign at all of wanting to sleep any time in the near future.

:bigcry:
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2007, 08:08:36 AM »
I'm on campus radio, and it's great fun.

Of course, no-one really listens and the show I'm part of may be off-air in the near future.

I've also ingested a significant amount of C2H50H tonight and am wondering if the UV Drunken Ramblings thread will ever resurface (and, if so, would this post qualify - despite lacking the wit and stylistic convention of a Nak-Nak 8.0, regardless of the author's state of chemically-induced euphoria).   

- A.S.S.R.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2007, 02:01:07 PM »
hmmm

brianna is on a new medication and one of the side effects could be insomnia...

*yawns*

she ain't showing any sign at all of wanting to sleep any time in the near future.

:bigcry:

:(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »
That medication... Could I have a couple pills? Might help out quite a bit in the field when you get midnight shift at he watchpost :3

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Sylvee Bee

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
That medication... Could I have a couple pills? Might help out quite a bit in the field when you get midnight shift at he watchpost :3

lol - well what if you end up getting the drooling instead?   ;D
"there are not many people who can live up to the standard set by goldfish."
~KGF

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »
Then noone would notice.  :-X :dizzy: :dozey:

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2007, 06:33:55 PM »

lol - well what if you end up getting the drooling instead?   ;D

That might help him. eg.

Enemy: "Look! It's just ONE solder... let's get him."

Tank: *Turns around* "drool...slurp.... drool"

Enemy: Ayeeee!!! Run! Madman!

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »
Not sleeping, huh?
Give her a physics textbook. Or a psychology paper.

Instant snore action! :P
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2007, 02:18:56 PM »

That'll iron things out. Which enemy was in the lead?
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »

That'll iron things out. Which enemy was in the lead?

=D

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2007, 12:03:11 AM »
OW, Hoopy. That burnt >.<
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2007, 06:10:11 AM »
I'm being called into the owner's office tomorrow for a poor attitude and a unhelpful manner.

Can you believe it? Me? Little Miss Sunshine?

Sounds like the owner's got a case of the Monnnndayssss on Wednesday.

This ALL started because I wasn't able to fill out a government grant. A 60 page government grant. Gee... the Adobe Photoshop Goddess can't decipher a 60 page government grant. I mean if you know Adobe and Clone Brushes and Paths you should be able to fill out government grants.

The trouble is I've been able to do all the other things they asked and now that I find myself not being able to do it... I'm being unhelpful. Who did the networks, programmed the phone system, got you PCI compliant, removed the trojans from the computer (Take it away Bluecross!), fixed your printers, gave you Excel programmable forms, etc. Me. Miss Unhelpful.

I sent her a 3 page e-mail explaining how she was wrong. Tomorrow should be interesting.

I feel so... N...

What's the feeling you get when you're chewed out at work?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:30:02 AM by Doombot »