Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538717 times)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
What's going on in your life?
« on: August 07, 2007, 07:09:52 PM »
I thought we should start this again. Hopefully it'll be pinned?

=)

--------------------------------------------------
We just finished a letter to our landlord with three pages of complaints. The guy is as useless as matches on the moon and dumber than a bag of wet mice. We don't expect anything to be fixed. The real intent of the letter is to prove requests were made and to use it to break the lease.

Looking for additional employment opportunities but most people here know that.

I met Feedback at ComicCon! VERY nice guy! =)

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:38:03 PM »
relatives have been in from Germany this past week and then other day when i was checking the stuffs on the old board cousin was behind me and he said that than sounded very much like a guy who frequents a german board.

i've been working at a hair salon. very interesting it has been.

the bf's mom wants to add me to their cell phone plan, i'm not complaining.

i leave for school the 24th and have no idea what i'm bringing with me besides a comp and printer.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »
Wife is graduating college soon, probably going to move to Austin for her to go to grad school. I can use that as an excuse for me to bust my ass and get into the music or video game industry full-time. If nothing else it's a change of scenery.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

PsychoPompos

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »
going into 10th this year.  not much news there.

but was in a car accident 2 days ago with my sister and her friend, who had her little girl with her. things have been kinda screwey since.  the minivan got slammed into by a pickup truck going 50 in a 25, barely even a scratch on that thing and her van it totaled.

ambulance had to come and get the girl.  back injury.  :-\

to top the bullshit off after the report was taken they tried to have it towed, but when they saw the bill they just drove away.

other than that got a couple family reuinions coming up, finally got a job and got my temps.
life is good
"Not really.It's kind of stringy. There are much better meats out there"

And the thunder said,
Datta, Dayadhvam, Damyata

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:53:57 PM »
I am at work.

I should probably doing something productive.

One month of co-op left, then it's back to school (and back to the job-hunt, for another internship over the winter term). Luckily, my earnings have been pretty much tax-free thus far; my tuition also hasn't gone up significantly.

- A.S.S.R.

The SysMan

• Unwashed Villager
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 10:47:13 PM »
Yep. Working.
Waiting for my Masters result.
Still looking for a "teh hotness gf", whatever that is.

Is it a type of mineral salt? O.o
"This man seems to possess a dangerous animal cunning... The kind of cleverness to rip off your arms to crush you at chess!"

TSM: A member of the UV since March 1999.
"When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."
Moo.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 01:30:11 AM »
Getting ready to go to Tiger Land for 21 Days. In case no one knows, Tiger Land is the JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center) and my unit will be going against our Airborne Counter Parts.

Light Fighters Vs. Airborne.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »
I made my first two pottery pieces with pulled handles over the weekend. They are both small pitchers. The handle fell off of one of them yesterday though so I had to repair it. It's a pain to get the handle to dry out at the same pace as the main part of the piece and if they dry at different speeds they can fall off. I guess I'll just hope for the best with it.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 12:37:43 AM »
Good news:
Working for Sentara Medical Group as a courier, job is bitchin, I love it and it's got great pay. Great work schedual too :)

Bad news:
My dog, Pepper, is dying. About 2 weeks ago, discovered a tumor in her right anal gland. She's going in for surgery tomorrow, but they say the tumor will grow back (she has small tumors in her mammary glands, had them for a while but they were benign [sp?], supposedly if the main tumor doesn't grow back, one might from one of these now.)  They give her 6-12 months to live after. I surmise she'll live close to the 12 months if thats the life expectancy, cause she's as healthy as can be otherwise (Stellar bloodwork they said), I'm gunna miss her =\

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 01:01:04 AM »
Bad news:
My dog, Pepper, is dying.

I'm sorry. =( Animals have a way of wrapping themselves around your heart don't they?

=/

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 02:08:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about your pet... Sad to loose a pet or any thing that is close to you.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 02:15:49 AM »
Bad news:
My dog, Pepper, is dying.

I'm sorry to hear that.  :'(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 02:20:27 AM »
I guess on the bright side you'll be ready for it when it happens. But still, it sucks.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Haze

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 10:54:58 AM »
I leave for basic training on the 31st. All of my friends have already left or are leaving shortly for college. I'm not working at the moment. I am bored out of my mind.

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 09:53:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about the dog Sandru.

I've been sitting here recovering from a hernia repair done a week ago.  Watching many movies, finally got around to watching Gilliam's Brazil and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Salt?
BOOM!