Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538657 times)

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #1260 on: February 05, 2018, 06:12:32 AM »
Interesting you mention energy market. I work for Schneider Electric. The company that made this application was bought by them three years ago because the application aligns nicely with the energy industry. ('Cause turbines having to be taken down in emergency is very expensive. Even worse is if you don't take it down and it explodes on you.)
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Petrarch

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 15, 2018, 02:25:31 AM »
Remember me?

I was 19 when I first showed up around here and now I'm approaching 38 - doesn't time fly?

Anyway, here's the news: I'm one week away from beginning the journey into Fatherhood, we're having (non-identical) twin girls. I need to figure out this parenting job as I go along.

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 15, 2018, 07:18:32 AM »
Remember me?

I was 19 when I first showed up around here and now I'm approaching 38 - doesn't time fly?

Anyway, here's the news: I'm one week away from beginning the journey into Fatherhood, we're having (non-identical) twin girls. I need to figure out this parenting job as I go along.

Congrats on the twins my man!
But it'll help

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 15, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »
I'm one week away from beginning the journey into Fatherhood, we're having (non-identical) twin girls. I need to figure out this parenting job as I go along.

Congrats dude. (As a non-parent) the best newborn advice I’ve heard: labor is tough and crotch stitches hurt. If mom needs a week before accepting guests (no matter who wants to meet the little ones) let her have some time to rest. (Bonus, it gives you time to figure out the nap/feeding/poop schedule so no one has to meet a fussy baby unless you want them to)
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 19, 2018, 06:16:27 PM »
Congrats Petrarch, you've got a big adventure starting.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 21, 2018, 03:57:28 AM »
Congrats on the (soon to be) new arrivals!
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Chucara

• N'est pas une spoon
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 22, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »

Great news! You'll love it. At least over time. Sleep while you still can ;)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1267 on: July 09, 2018, 04:08:54 AM »
After living in a pretty small town of 15,000 people for the past 6 months, I moved back to my home city. I had no intention of staying. Small town life was pretty nice though, I could see myself moving to a different (nicer) small town if I could make money remotely. I liked the quietness, lack of traffic and being a 10 minute drive from rural nature.

Been seriously thinking a lot about starting a small company of my own, and finding ways to generate "passive income". I've known for a few years that I wasn't going to work for other people for the rest of my life. I feel like the only people anyone should really be working for are themselves and God.

I need to read more. If anyone has any suggestions, ideally classic fiction thats easy to digest, let me know.

In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 12, 2018, 02:20:08 AM »
I need to read more. If anyone has any suggestions, ideally classic fiction thats easy to digest, let me know.

Discworld. If you haven't read it, start.

There are a lot of books, but it's well worth the effort to read them. I'm currently on the last book in the series The Shepherd's Crown. It was the last book Pratchett wrote before his death and was released posthumously by his daughter.

PeaceOfShit

• Tangerine Target
  • Pelt me with tangerines until I change this text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 03, 2018, 07:20:46 PM »
Hi guys! So, it seems that this group still exist after all. Impressing! At this time I am working on a new Fallout Tactics mod and I wanted to share it with you. I want to create a special location with a reference to the Unwashed Village. It is almost done!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thesum/images/welcome-to-the-unwashed-village#mediaform

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 06, 2018, 03:09:36 AM »
Hi guys! So, it seems that this group still exist after all. Impressing! At this time I am working on a new Fallout Tactics mod and I wanted to share it with you. I want to create a special location with a reference to the Unwashed Village. It is almost done!

Greetings. And who might you be?

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1271 on: August 26, 2018, 04:50:18 PM »
I went (read: drove) to Florida in July. To Tallahassee, St. Augustine and Destin. In Missouri at least, when people talk about going to "Florida" they usually mean Destin. I can confirm the beauty of this place. About 10 years ago, my parents drove us to Florida for a wedding and we only stayed for 24 hours! I never quite forgave them for that and have been itching to go back since.

I'm balancing 2 & 1/2 jobs none of which are related to my degree. I'm considering taking a professional exam soon, although it only has about a 10% pass rate.

I just moved into an apartment in the hip yuppie part of town with a stripper I met on craigslist.

Life is both wonderful and terrifying at the same time as I approach the trajectory of my early 30's. I mean, its still more than 2 years away, but i'm feeling it!
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 17, 2018, 09:07:28 AM »
Hello.... been a long, long time again.

Its been a rough few years  ( jesus its odd to realize....that its been years.) Since I last poped by.

My Father died three years back from cancer. Ive moved several times. Finally left a job id been at for 12+ years that id once enjoyed that had become poison. Ended up landing not far from where id grown up. I work at a honest to goodness General Store these days, with hardware and feed and horse tack and all that silly "obsolete" stuff. I miss you all.... I miss this place.

I guess what im saying is Hello... to whomever is still here.
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1273 on: December 18, 2018, 12:07:23 AM »
Hello.... been a long, long time again.

Its been a rough few years  ( jesus its odd to realize....that its been years.) Since I last poped by.

Welcome back friend. It has been a while. I guess what they said about the bungie cord is true.

Thats unfortunate news about your father.

Sounds like you have the job you've been looking for. We've all had poisonous jobs I think.

We're still here. A couple new members who are somewhat active too.  Hope everything else is good.

Killmod/Jesse

Desolo

• Unwashed Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 18, 2018, 01:40:06 AM »
Things are getting better, fortunately. Just  sometimes it seems to take a while to get there.
Back from the Wastes after far, far to long....

To those who remember such things, Was once Known as "Darkness Flame" (A looooong time ago)