Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541459 times)

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #1185 on: November 05, 2015, 03:47:43 AM »
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 12, 2015, 01:00:39 PM »
Why am I excited about getting a new oven?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 12, 2015, 08:06:58 PM »
Why am I excited about getting a new oven?

So you can bake soooooo many fucking brownies
But it'll help

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1188 on: December 12, 2015, 09:17:20 AM »
Crashed and wrecked my fucking car tonight. The red Turbo Volvo I bought 6 months ago. I named him, and this is no exaggeration I told my friends this, "Angrew the Ferrari Hunter".

The good news that I wans't hurt, and didn't hit anyone else. It was a dark night, the roads were a little wet, I tried showing off for the BMW behind me like a dumbass by slamming the pedal and going 50 in a 35 around a wide turn. In rear wheel drive cars (which this was, but most cars aren't) losing control tends to make the car understeer, which makes the front and back ends spin in opposite direction. Its a thrilling and terrifying feeling which requires skill to fix. I knew immediately when I lost traction and tried to adjust but wouldn't be able to. I hit a car sized boulder at the corner of two streets, thankfully not near anything else.

Car accidents are fucking terrifying because they happen more quickly than you can react and remind you that you are driving a machine much more powerful than yourself. They are also one of the biggest killers in the country. I'm just really glad I wasn't hurt and didn't hit anyone else.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

The Hanged Man

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Eleutherophobic freedom fighter
    • View Profile
    • My Fallout lore sandbox site!
« Reply #1189 on: December 12, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »
Crashed and wrecked my fucking car tonight. The red Turbo Volvo I bought 6 months ago. I named him, and this is no exaggeration I told my friends this, "Angrew the Ferrari Hunter".

The good news that I wans't hurt, and didn't hit anyone else. It was a dark night, the roads were a little wet, I tried showing off for the BMW behind me like a dumbass by slamming the pedal and going 50 in a 35 around a wide turn. In rear wheel drive cars (which this was, but most cars aren't) losing control tends to make the car understeer, which makes the front and back ends spin in opposite direction. Its a thrilling and terrifying feeling which requires skill to fix. I knew immediately when I lost traction and tried to adjust but wouldn't be able to. I hit a car sized boulder at the corner of two streets, thankfully not near anything else.

Car accidents are fucking terrifying because they happen more quickly than you can react and remind you that you are driving a machine much more powerful than yourself. They are also one of the biggest killers in the country. I'm just really glad I wasn't hurt and didn't hit anyone else.

Shit man, how bad's the damage to your car? Think you'll be able to get it fixed?
The sun beyond the mountain glows
The yellow river seaward flows
You can enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height

I have run out of places to climb. I will abandon this body and take to the air. We will leave twin vapor trails in the air, white lines etched into these rocks. I am the aerial. In my passing, I will send news to each and every star.

Mrs Brown says: 'Hapiness is an effect, not a goal.'

Charlie is yelling @barit0wned
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first...

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1190 on: December 12, 2015, 09:29:11 PM »
Nah, its totaled.

I still have my other running old Volvo though.

In other news;
I'm getting tired of Starbucks still. I used to have fun, but aren't really anymore, I've seen them make a lot of changes and I've seen a lot of people leave. Its true that some customers who go to Starbucks everyday can be douches (but not all). Want to get a paid internship at a large firm in the business district.

I found out that my school is requiring me to take another semester of Japanese to finish my degree than I was originally told (because a different class stopped being offered). I took 2 semesters, but it would be over a year between then and my 3rd, and that shit is a lot of work! Still planning to take the trip to Japan in May.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1191 on: February 21, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »
Last Thursday, someone that I've had feelings for since high school broke up with me after 4 months of dating. I normally wouldn't waste my time writing about that here, but this girl was kind of special, so maybe i'll look back on this in the future and laugh about it a bit. It didn't bother me that much.
A big part of the reason I was staying at my parents house was because I lived close to her, so after we split I immediately looked for another place to stay (closer to my college). Well, I found one and today I signed my first lease ever. I suppose thats something that IS worth my time to write about. Its a room in a house owned by a professor at my college with 4 other roommates who are students. As far as location, I couldn't ask for anything better, literally across the street from campus, compared to the 45 minute each way train ride I had been doing.

Killmod/Jesse

Fiddles

• Tangerine Target
  • My favorite color is banana.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 06, 2016, 04:14:56 AM »
My cat bit me today so I guess it could go better but thanks for asking!
Fiddles, the realest of the real.

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1193 on: April 09, 2016, 06:41:32 AM »
I just want a cute (thick) hipster girl, who gets coffee with me, appreciates my love for old Volvos and IKEA, and is smarter than me. Smart enough to argue with me and tell me why i'm wrong.  Oh, and is willing to put up with my quirks long term. Other than these i'm not too picky. I guess thats too much to ask for.

Heres something I wrote for an Ex but I never really plan on sending her. I got the idea from Dale Cernegie (a fellow Missourian), you guys should try it.

I never told you that I loved you, but I felt it. Love is an energy that comes and goes. In my case, it goes away pretty slowly. I think this is because its so hard for me to accept love in the first place. I still feel the love for you and other people, lingering. Just because you break up with someone and don't talk again for years (or ever again) doesn't mean the love goes away too. Now i'm mature enough to understand that love can influence without controlling.

I think that love is a very human emotion. I mean, smart animals like Dogs don't really feel it. They feel respect, joy, loyalty and can even replicate love in their face, but they don't understand the concept of love, and how it is not always a positive emotion. I think that this difference is distinctly human. (and by the way, being away from dogs for the past few months has showed me how much that I fucking hate them). I take back what I said about animals; Dolphins might understand love. (Also, I wish loveshack were here to read this)

PS I bought and have been driving a 2001 Geo Metro (Read: Toyotta Corolla) its such a cheap piece of shit. I need another Volvo in my life.

What the fuck is going on in everyone else's life?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:48:01 AM by KMD »

Killmod/Jesse

Dessert Ranger

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 09, 2016, 11:36:13 PM »
I pooped today

I'm on Tinder and Bumble not taking it seriously, hoping to find a female counterpart of a similar mindset.

The girls I feel some feeling for at my school are an in relationships, one of which baffles me due to the insane nature of their interactions. But hey, bitches be crazy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:38:28 PM by Desert Ranger »
But it'll help

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #1195 on: April 12, 2016, 07:06:25 PM »
So due to a couple of reasons, one of which was my own lack of initiative for finding the right deadline, I found out today that I can no longer go to Japan with my school in May (for credit). This is a huge deal to me, I have been planning to go for over a year and have been telling everyone of my plans. What a fucking bummer, i'm not even sure how to feel right now. My major requires me to earn credit internationally to graduate.  The next trip is to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in January, which could be really interesting, but wasn't my first choice. I'm going to have to decide on that (and probably won't have a choice).

I started seeing a school counselor too, to get some things off my chest, and help me move on being more independent from my family.

I'd love to spend some time, a year or less, somewhere else. Lately I've been feeling like everything I do is for someone else, or "my" decisions are dependent on other people. Everything feels like a rat race, and I feel guilty or unconfident trying to do what I really want or what I'm most competent at.

I've been thinking about when I'm going to buy a house too. I'd like to be on my way by the time I'm 30, but that may be a stretch.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:12:07 PM by KMD »

Killmod/Jesse

madbringer

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 25, 2016, 05:10:22 AM »
So, I felt like looking up UV again, guess it has been +- 2 years since the last time. Doesn't seem to be a lot happening around here, but hey, it's still up. That's something.

Ah, feeling a bit sappy. Fuck me, man. First i joined and posted, on the black-and-green forums with the roll-down threads, and talked with people like Paladin and BlueCross and all the others, must have been late 98 or early 99. No idea how people even understood me back then, I barely knew English. So long ago I cannot even clearly remember much in detail. Blurs. But nice blurs.

Cool people, awesome convos, fun times. Well, to be honest, I never was much of a member of the community. I posted some shitty Photoshop pics, wrote some BS from time to time. Not a regular, but I was around. Good memories.

I don't even know why I'm writing all this. Nostalgia, I guess (yes, I am a little drunk). To anyone reading and that even remembers me, I'm glad you were a part of my life, however small. UV was the first real internet community I was a part of, and I will be forever proud of that. Cheers to you, guys and gals, hope you're all doing good.

Turjan

• Wasteland Denizen
  • You cannot kill a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 25, 2016, 01:54:10 PM »
Since January I've been making machinima type videos with the game Elite Dangerous. The first one I did was really just something for the amusement of my fellow galactic explorers, showcasing a peculiar bug in the game's engine.

But Elite-playing folk seemed to like its quirkiness, so I started making other videos about Commander Turjan and his travels.

Pretty soon I realised that what I'd been creating was pretty much Unwashed Village Turjan in Space, lol

It's up to 16 episodes now anyway, and as long as I keep thinking of suitably Turjan-esque stories I'll keep making these videos :)

Here's a link to my YouTube channel if anyone fancies a look.

Turjan's Travels

For those UV who recall my story writing style of old, what would you say about Cmdr Turjan? Is he essentially just a slightly less tea-obsessed version of the same fellow who ran The Greasy Spoon tearoom? :D

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 26, 2016, 04:39:51 AM »
Hello Madbringer and Turjan; long time no see the both of you. (Though, I've interacted with Turjan on Facebook on occasion.)

I shall try to check out some of your videos Turjan at some point.

As far as my life, still pretty much the same as it's been for a while now. Although, I'm going to be an uncle again in July. My younger sister will be having a daughter.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:41:37 AM by Hoopy Frood »
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 26, 2016, 09:05:02 AM »
Good to hear from you both, those were indeed blurry but fantastic days mad bringer, we're still here but as you see it's just a touch less busy.

I've not had time to get anywhere with elite dangerous yet because life is so busy but those videos make me want to spend some time on it Turjan.