Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538474 times)

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #780 on: September 09, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »
i just got back from florida.

if you ever go on vacation with someone over 80, dont let them drive. they might be able to drive mostly fine in an area they know, never EVER let them go on unfamiliar streets if you want to come out of the car with any part of your sanity intact.

Sounds like an adventure in an of itself, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Just had to visit the junkyard to fix my car, parts store wanted 250 bucks for a simple solenoid, probably walked out of the yard with over 1,000's worth in parts for 20. :)  The part's only like 4-5 inches long, it's stupid.

Been back in my martial arts classes for a while, but it's still an uphill battle getting myself back in the condition I was when I tore my right knee. The knee is doing pretty good and I'm taking it slow with that, making sure it's back 100% (well, as good as it can get after the injury with 40% of the cartilage on that side of my knee gone...)

Lost maybe 15 pounds, have to shed the other 50 to be back where I was. It's going well though, had a 3 day long martial arts camping trip with my dojo, and got to learn a black belt form my instructor's only taught to 7 other people.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 22, 2010, 04:05:48 AM »
hopefully doing a logo animation for my supervisor's website (who woulda thunk that my college education wouldn't go to waste?), also going to Philly next month for a fan-run Rooster Teeth (Red vs Blue) event.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 25, 2010, 08:54:14 AM »
WHOA! How long has the board been back up and why does Chucara still have that "Don't worry. We'll be back soon." message on the main page?  How many weeks have gone by without me sharing my wisdom with the UV?!
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #783 on: November 04, 2010, 01:52:32 AM »

So after a tough decision, I've dropped out of architecture school for now. My grades have fallen a lot, probably due to recent signs of ADD that i have been noticing becoming really bad. I feel that drugs would help. Generally, my studio work was really shitty compared to the rest of the class, and i feel like i need a break to organize myself. I'm not even sure if i want to spend money and time going back immediately this spring. Honestly, I want to travel to world and experience more Architecture first hand while i am young enough, but it would be pretty daring. I'm not even sure that I want to be an Architect anymore, but its still the only thing that I really love. Basically, things are about to hit a wall after this semester. I don't want to end up a deadbeat.

Other than that, I still havent had a chance to play Fallout 3 yet, or any other games latly. Except for DDR twice a week :). I'm having a big internal conflict about whats best for me to do. I think it will all work itself out soon enough, but i have big decisions ahead of me.
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 04, 2010, 02:36:21 AM »
Get yourself tested for Learning Disabilities.

Seriously. It's expensive, but worth it.

My girlfriend struggled her first semester of law school until she got tested. Now that her ADHD is being treated, she's regularly finishing at the top of her classes.

And I got tested just for personal knowledge. I didn't have ADHD, as Liz and I expeccted, but I have the same LD her younger sister does.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 08, 2010, 12:44:59 AM »
On a very similar note. I'm thinking of getting a sleep study done when I go home for Christmas. I'm somewhat categorizing my sleeping issues under some sort of restless leg syndrome (even though I think that it's a slightly bs disease/excuse to drug people). I'm half hoping that there will be some sort of other underlying thing going on, I could probably name three, but we'll see what happens.

In other news, I'm attempting to use actual grammar and punctuation in mostly everything and I'm currently failing at my goals for nanaowrimo.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 12, 2010, 11:32:30 AM »
Back in the Middle East Folks!!!!

Yup currently stationed in Afghanistan and will be so for a year.
Other news, my wife will be giving birth to our first born child January 20th 2011. I will be sure.

if anyone wants to write (hey, Doom, I still have that Las vegas Shot glass) by all means write... My address is

SPC Toulon, Rama
HQ PLT, B Co. 2-4 IN
TF Warrior
FOB Shank (COP Sayed Abad)
APO, AE 09364

Gotta run folks. I will be sure to send pics whenever I can.

Take care,
Yours Unwashed,
Rama

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 21, 2010, 12:47:09 PM »
That's wonderful new Carib. Not that your in Afghanistan, but that you and your wife are expecting. Congrats!

It's been forever since I've popped in. I'm still back at the car wash detailing cars. My daughter just got accepted to Mercy College yesterday, so I'm excited and so proud of her. She's going to study vetinary medicine. She's got a good shot at a scholarship too . It lessened the blow of my husband losing his job Thursday, to cutbacks and restructuring. Nothing says Happy Holidays like "we have to let you go". He has to learn how to use the computer for unemployment, so I'm in for some fun. Is there such a thing as fear of buttons? lol!

I got scared when I couldn't find the village. You guys could have told me you were moving. How old is the village now? We've been around a loooong time now. I had a bitch of  a time remembering my password. lol! <Age.
*Hugs* to all!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #788 on: January 09, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
To spice things up a bit Whats going on in my Life

Not going back to school in spring. Being as I don't have a major in mind, it seems like a waste of money to go to school across the state. I had originally planned to go back. But I ran into a good friend (Interesting story if anyone wants to know), an hour before leaving for winter break, who convinced me to do what I really want instead of goofing off in school for the time being. I wanted to be at school, but not for the right reasons. I don't necessarily believe in God, but i'm fairly convinced he intended us to meet that day. Has anyone else had that feeling?

I like Adventure. I've always wanted to travel. So i'm preparing a trip involving World Travel soon. I plan to go back to school afterwards. But its hard when most people think what you want to do is crazy, and the pressure to go back to school. "Once you quit, you'll never want to go back!" etc. I'll keep you all posted in the coming weeks.

Been playing lots of Fallout 3. Awesome.

Was prescribed and just started taking Adderall, a drug commonly prescribed for ADD, but a lot of college kids abuse. Not a big fan of taking pills. But so far, good as a mood stabilizer and for cleaning your room. Let yall know if its helping later maybe.

Had my first car accident last week. Backed out onto a busy street, where apparently a truck was and collided with my rear end. I looked back several times beforehand, don't know where he came from. It was insured, but not with me as a driver. We were fine, and the car is still drivable, the back just got smashed in. But costs $3k to fix the body, almost as much as its worth.

Edit: Also, I have 2 days left of being a teenager. I need some foolish and reckless things to do before Tuesday.

-Jesse :D

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:24:41 PM by KMD »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

JC

• Wasteland Denizen
  • My Being is Zorg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 18, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »
Last semester of my master's degree.

No one told me writing a thesis was so HARD.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 24, 2011, 03:02:53 AM »
got a venus flytrap a few days ago. it was an impulse buy while looking for a window box herb garden and small pots for replanting seedlings.

paranoid of feeding anything live to my plant (which i have named Calliope) but i'm going for lizard food or something this week to start a protein diet
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Laughinman

• Tangerine Target
  • Stupid, but still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 24, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »
This is going on in my life:

She's turning 2 in march.

A witty reply proves nothing.
      - Voltaire

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 24, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »
My boy turns two in in June, the next is due at easter, time really does fly. They're great at that age, Fraser repeats everything just now, so glad I don't have any national secrets...

Varag

• Tangerine Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 03, 2011, 01:55:04 AM »
Wow a lot going on. Hmmm its been a long time since I posted on a UV Forum so here is an update from the last few years.

Retrenched from my IT role MANY years ago and kind of drifted since then. My wife is working now and doing really well so that is good. I have two daughters and the oldest started high school today.

Have been a volunteer fire fighter for nearly 8 years now and have done a bunch of stuff that I never thought I was capable of. I have learned a LOT about myself through the brigade and am I not sure how much of it is good.

Kind of had a (and I will borrow Bubonic's terminology) mental melt down after the Black Saturday fires in Victoria a few years back, but I think I am back on track again now. That was a bad day leading into a bad month and I don't think any of us came out of it unscathed. I have to confess that I find it hard to sit in an office these days. I did spend last summer working for the local municipality identifying fire hazards and issuing orders to local residents to clean them up. It was a fun job.....

Ummmm I guess that is most of it. I am studying to be a counsellor (to those who know about this - yes, STILL) LOL.

PsychoPompos

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 16, 2011, 02:05:29 AM »
Hello everybody, Its been such a long time.  For the first time in awhile i feel like i need some human connection.  I've never actually turned to a message board for this purpose before so forgive me if i'm the opposite of eloquent at the moment.  For once this is me online, no internet persona, just me.  I just wanted to say hello as the urge to post volumes of writing somewhere has struck me within the last few weeks.

As for what's going on in my life...

*sigh*

Alot. Seriously. Hahahaha, enough to make me wonder how i stay sane and optimistic.  The day before my 19th birthday i had my first arrest.  I drank a fourloko and went outside to make a phone call.  Well it was cold as hell so i took a seat in my car.  A cop with a vendetta against the friends house i was at was watching to house, so he decides to walk over to my car.  7 charges, one for physical control.  Car was towed, i was cuffed and that was it.  At least i thought it might be until two days later when they suspended my license as a pretrial precaution.  I have no criminal record, no traffic record, i drove for a living, and my "continued driving is a threat to public safety."  I filed for a motion for limited privileges, they haven't said a word and its been a month.  I lost the job i have and now i work at McDonald's, currently i smell of french fries and my back hurts from walking home.  So the money for the tow, filing fees, attorney's fees and the lack of a decent job has made me very very broke.  Which i might ass is doing wonders for my weight and physique. 
     To top it off couldn't pay college bills in time so i cant attend school.  Until that night i had a car, a good job, was in school and was about to move into a new apartment.  Now i'm scraping wondering what the hell happened to my life.  I was actually set to take the ASVAB the very next day, now i cant join because of an ongoing criminal case.  Fuck fourloko, fuck court fees, fuck our legal system and the beurocracy it inspires.

On a brighter note i have a wonderful girlfriend who has helped me with more than i could have imagined.  Also, i now know why i want to become an attorney.  So forgive me for bitching and moaning and spilling this crap out onto all of you.  Just needed a sounding board.  I hope you guys enjoy poetry, quantum mechanics and philosophical wanderings, i have many of them.  I'll be around here livening things up until someone tells me to get the hell out.  So how are all of you?  Ive kind of missed the feeling of talking to a wall.

"Not really.It's kind of stringy. There are much better meats out there"

And the thunder said,
Datta, Dayadhvam, Damyata