Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 542244 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #690 on: October 24, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »
i hope everything goes well.

what exactly will they be doing?

Removing much of my soft palette and changing where a tendon in my tongue is anchored to tuck the back of my tongue in to give a better airway. Glad you asked now? hehe
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 24, 2009, 09:10:32 AM »
yes. it somehow beats most of the conversations i've been having this week.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 24, 2009, 01:59:50 PM »
After numerous delays caused by both my doctor's office and my health insurance I'm finally getting surgery for my apnea on Monday the 26tth. The procedures don't have a great success rate but I figure if it helps even a little bit it's worth it. I'll be in the hospital for a day or two because I won't be able to swallow and I'll need to be on IV liquids. Then a few days at my parent's place so they can keep an eye on me. I'm going to try and set up my computer over there so I can give updates when I'm fairly lucid again (yeah I know, when would I ever be lucid? :P  ).

Say, was your mask of raider or Darth Vader variety?  Anyway, good luck, or break a leg, or pull a tongue, or what ever is appropriate. :)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #693 on: October 24, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »
So, after never having played WoW, I've decided to to try the WoW 10-day trial (a little late to the party, I know :)) to see what the big deal was about. Does anyone have any advice about character creation class etc? If anyone wants to help a newb out, look me up. I think my name is Killmod.

Edit: Idea first hour: Boring. I just don't have the time to put into an MMO ha

I also went clubbing for the first time last night, fun.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:22:42 PM by Killmod Dude »
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 25, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »
So, after never having played WoW, I've decided to to try the WoW 10-day trial (a little late to the party, I know :)) to see what the big deal was about. Does anyone have any advice about character creation class etc? If anyone wants to help a newb out, look me up. I think my name is Killmod.

Edit: Idea first hour: Boring. I just don't have the time to put into an MMO ha

I also went clubbing for the first time last night, fun.

Like most any MMO out there that's going to come down to your preferred play style. Tell us if you like dps, healing, tanking, or whatever and we can try and point you in the right direction.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Swash

• Administrator
  • Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Pirate Cap'n
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 25, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
Or even what other games you enjoy, what type of character you play in other rpg's, stuff like that.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 29, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »
link

you have no idea how excited i was when my prof told us they were trying to get a time for him to speak (i'm in the screen writing class).
the official word right now is that he's going to speak on campus about the film industry and then hold a screening of MILK off campus with a short intro or something. kinda pissed that i probably wont be able to make it to the screening.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 30, 2009, 12:22:40 AM »
My brother-in-law graduated from Hope oddly enough.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 16, 2009, 10:27:50 PM »
i got my first tattoo on friday!!

i'm not going to post a picture cuz my butt doesnt need to be on the internet. it's an asterisk, brown. i wanted it to look kinda like a henna tattoo, not quite sure if it does. i like it anyway.

Sweetpea

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 26, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
still homeless, still jobless and still grieving but I'm feeling a lot better than I was at the start of the year.  Most days are still an emotional minefield but at least I can leave the house without much of a hissy fit now. 

its actually been a difficult 2 years since my family has lost 5 people over that period of time but losing Andy at the end of 2008 was the worse for obvious reasons. 

2009 has been a write-off essentially but I'm kinda glad since I've just spent most of the year getting stoned, writing, reading, taking photos, visiting places and people and thinking bout what I want to do next.

I'm incredibly grateful for how supportive my friends have been and I owe it all to them for getting me out and experiencing life in stead of just letting me sit in my bed, smoking.

Thanks to the various people in my life, this year I have been to Skye, Holland/Amsterdam, Versaille/Paris, taken numerous trips to London and Aberdeen, lots of walks around the Scottish countryside, climbed various mountains and rocks, scrambled along coastlines and I also got to spend a lovely summer weekend out in a bothy on the West Coast of Scotland where I could run about the beach naked with my friends.  Also noteworthy is a Saturday I spent with my 2 best female friends in Edinburgh when we drank from 10am til 3am the next day and thanks to my best male friend, I got to run around a 16th century castle in burlesque gear and wander around the grounds stoned and drunk watching bats and looking at stars.   its all been very therapeutic. 

I doubt I'm going to jump straight into a 9-5 job as soon as 2010 hits but I'm hoping to be emotionally stable enough to consider a part time job and hopefully the council will find me a flat soon which I can call my own.

so, now you know. emotionally I've had a shit couple of years but I'm starting to think I'm going to be ok.....I'm just hoping to catch a break and nothing else bad happens

hugs to everyone

Thomas Jefferson: Question with boldness even the existance of a god; because if there be one,  he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #700 on: November 26, 2009, 06:23:41 PM »
You know... Good for you for getting out and doing stuff. A lot of people would have spent 100% of that time, laying in bed and looking up at the ceiling. You went out and and got memories you'll remember with a smile.

Hugs! =)
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 27, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »
So great to hear from you Sweetpea. I've been worried about you. Thank you for checking in and I hope your 2010 sees a lot of improvements in your life.  :)

*dwarf hugs*

MrWeasel

• Wasteland Denizen
  • God of nekid volleyball and serving wenches
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 30, 2009, 06:00:51 AM »
Sweetpea, glad to see u back and doing better (yes i still lurk)
and Acid Big Gratz on the Ink, now come the fun part, tattoos are like flavored potato chips, you eat one u don't like it u never touch em again*  but if u really like them you will not be able to stop at just one* (17 and counting myself lol)
*until u get drunk
You May Soar with the eagles but Weasels do not get sucked into ramjets! Gotta watch out for the hovercrafts though...

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 30, 2009, 06:19:01 AM »
dont worry. i'm almost officially getting a second in less than a month.

Morb

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 04, 2009, 08:09:46 AM »
I just got a degree as a prepress operator. About the fucking time too. In hindsight, the reason I took my sweet time with it was the way I tried to breeze through all that theoretical crap. You know, about bleeding dot growth and binding a dongle. I was kind of suprised to notice that all that nonsense served a purpose after all.

Heh. Who am I kidding with this unfazed facade? I'm absolutely ecstatic!  ;D

The grueling test took from 8 am till 7 pm, and once again there was someone in tears around the end. The main guy who oversees the test is a devious one. He can smell fear as well as any hint of uncertainty, latch on to that feeling like a tick, and make you second guess everything you know about your chosen craft. I've heard of people who have been working in the printing industry for years, who have gotten a very cold shower when they've decided to get an official degree and failed miserably at the test. In the end, after several failures that each cost a bundle to attend, I sort of grew to like that guy. I sure as hell wont get stressed about anything lesser than the apocalypse nowadays. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:34:22 AM by Morb »