Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541371 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #675 on: September 14, 2009, 06:55:38 AM »
I got married, the last three days have been the most exciting, the happiest and most nerve wracking of my life.

Grats!  :)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #676 on: September 14, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »
Gratz on the missus, bud!

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 14, 2009, 02:15:26 PM »
Congratulations!
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #678 on: September 17, 2009, 08:16:52 PM »
Here's a cut and paste. The procedure was yesterday.

------------

I got my Plasma Spinal Decompression performed at 7:00 in the morning after going to sleep at 3:30 AM. So I woke up at 5:45 AM. Fortunately, I slept after I got back.

In a nutshell, I was injected with a needle and had some of the material in my spine blasted away with radio waves. The pressure in my spine goes down and the leakage from the pressure stops as well. In case anyone was wondering, I really wasn't in a nutshell when this happened. There were clamshell lights overhead though.

I'm sore from the procedure but my back feels different. Like there's more mobility. Before I felt like I walked like a 1970's action figure. Now I just seem a bit more loose but sore.

So here's to hoping that everything is fine. This procedure is sort of a last chance option for me. Anything more is just too invasive and my pain is just hovering out of the "We think you should live with it" range. I have a 4.5 level or so and they want to get me down to a 3. I may get a similar procedure done on my neck. It all depends on what the doctor thinks and if fixing the back will fix the pain in the neck.

The significant other's leaving on his vacation soon (a vacation that I insisted he take). Figured I should say something since I'm segueing from me in the hospital to him leaving. It's just the best time for him to go that still manages to fit well with my medical issues / work / doctor's appointments and such. I'm more than capable of doing stuff I need to do at home on my own so there's no reason for him not to go. I gave him the thumbs up again today and after taking care of me for over a year while sick (not to say he hasn't before), he deserves this.

The worst part will be dealing with two Cairn Terriers. Junie likes to woof and bark at everything and Sophie likes to pee. This should be fun. Sophie really does nothing wrong. If she has to pee, the options are few. She won't pee out on the patio with the gravel since it smells like Junie. She has to go outside. Junie is just nervous and therefore loud when people are nearby. We now have people living upstairs so there's noise as they Frankenstein Walk up and down.

Getting ready for National Novel Writing Month. I've been reading: 20 Master Plots: And How to Build Them, 45 Master Characters, Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel, and finally No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days.

For fun, I'm reading: Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Rollback, and The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 6).

There's also a collection of Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries waiting for me if I get bored.

We're still waiting on hearing about the last house on our list. If we don't hear anything we'll just keep looking. It would be nice to be done with this.

Guess that's it!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 22, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »
Still here and haven't been swept away by flood waters as of this morning.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-by-minute-updates-143387.html

It looks like we get a reprieve today so I'm stocking up a bit on water, cat food, etc. We are supposed to get slammed again Tuesday and beyond so it could be pretty ugly down here. I appear to be in a safer area on the E side of Atlanta in Decatur. So it would have to get really really bad to flood over this way. Mostly for us I guess it's the chance of loosing power, having to boil water, and such.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 22, 2009, 10:09:43 PM »
Yeah, I was about to ask you how you were doing over there. I heard things are pretty nasty with the flooding on the radio this morning.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #681 on: September 22, 2009, 10:51:19 PM »
Hope you're ok and continue to do so... as well as the other people there.

Check out this picture! Amazing (But sad). - Nothing Gruesome-

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/six-flags-underwater-in-georgia-floods-pics/blog-156695/
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 23, 2009, 01:41:05 AM »
Hope you're ok and continue to do so... as well as the other people there.

Check out this picture! Amazing (But sad). - Nothing Gruesome-

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/six-flags-underwater-in-georgia-floods-pics/blog-156695/

What about this picture?

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 07, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
I was at a kickball party and some girl named Linnea and I did a lot of smooching!

Note that a kickball party is a party organized by my kickball league, not a party where you play kickball (although actually that would be awesome).

Now her number's in my phone and I guess I'm gonna call her, 'cause it'd be dick to not call some girl you gave smooches to if she wanted you to have her number.

I'm not really sure what the fuck I'm gonna say though!  Hey, remember that time we were both really drunk?  I barely remember what you look like!  Hah hah, hah hah?  Maybe...  we could get lunch or something?  Fuck.

edit: yeah, I'm not going to lie, I honestly think that theoretical conversation sounds fun as hell
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 07, 2009, 05:00:11 PM »
have you become more fratboy this semester, or have i just become more cynical?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Thanatos

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Derivative Archetype
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 07, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
I haven't become more fratboy, but lately I only post when I'm drunk, and generally speaking if I'm drunk I'm either fratty or morose. 

I'm still clever and smart and stuff though!  I hope!  I've just been lazy about using my brain lately.

p.s. by the way, I feel like 'fratboy' is synonymous with 'enjoys the fuck out of everything', I'm not really sure why I'd feel bad about kicking life's ass
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:52:49 PM by Thanatos »
I fall and I leap and
I'm freaking out
Nowhere near my place and I
Know that they've seen me now

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 08, 2009, 01:25:29 AM »
not a party where you play kickball (although actually that would be awesome).

I've been to those. The fun trick is to catch pop-fly's with a bottle in your hand and not spilling anything.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 08, 2009, 01:29:10 AM »
p.s. by the way, I feel like 'fratboy' is synonymous with 'enjoys the fuck out of everything', I'm not really sure why I'd feel bad about kicking life's ass

Yeah, but 'fratboy' usually implies stupid while drunk. Also, there's the connotation of paying money to have friends/get laid. Sure it's a stereotype, but there's more than a mere kernel of truth in it.

Nothing wrong with just enjoying the fuck out of everything, though. I've had more fun since turning 29 (four years now) then I had in the 7 years post college before that.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 24, 2009, 06:39:32 AM »
After numerous delays caused by both my doctor's office and my health insurance I'm finally getting surgery for my apnea on Monday the 26tth. The procedures don't have a great success rate but I figure if it helps even a little bit it's worth it. I'll be in the hospital for a day or two because I won't be able to swallow and I'll need to be on IV liquids. Then a few days at my parent's place so they can keep an eye on me. I'm going to try and set up my computer over there so I can give updates when I'm fairly lucid again (yeah I know, when would I ever be lucid? :P  ).

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 24, 2009, 08:05:52 AM »
i hope everything goes well.

what exactly will they be doing?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?