Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538509 times)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #645 on: April 04, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
I just got my first my first job, working at my local DQ. After months of turning in applications for no repsonse. But damn, now I have to work for the man! Oh well...  :P
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #646 on: April 18, 2009, 09:19:24 PM »
Went to another screening of the The Revenant.

Hung out with one of the stars of the show: Chris Wylde

REALLY nice guy. I got a shirt that says: "Diabetes is bad!"

I had no desire to meet: David Anders (Adam Monroe from Heroes)

The guys a giant ****, a ******, a major ******** and pretentious as ****. He even dissed the director of the movie in front of a crowd (while standing next to the director).

Then there's the stuff I can't talk about.

But Chris is cool! =)

Oh and the Revenant is a pretty fun movie. It's horror/comedy if you're interested.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:23:02 PM by Doombot »
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Alderach

• Tangerine Target
  • Patron Saint of the Lonely
    • View Profile
A post about things
« Reply #647 on: May 20, 2009, 01:16:19 AM »
I know I don't really post much anymore and my posts such as they are are often vauge and fleeting.
All the same i visit and reminis, and share.
For this was always possible and appreciated.

It is almost frightful how many years have passed and how much has occured.
To much to mention to be sure.
I just wanted to say
Hello friends
I hope you are well

hugs!
Where has it gone?
What I see all around me,
has always been there.
Strangely enough I always found it missing.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2009, 05:06:07 AM »
slowly losing my mind dropping assets into Unreal Tournament 3. i've looked at more code in the past week than i ever wished to in my whole life.

but on the bright side, i have a driveable vehicle and a usable gun. lots of polishing still required, but it's still pretty cool to see your own creations in action.

i'm not a modler or texture artist so the model and textures are half-assedly done. :P made it to show off my particle effects as that is one of the focuses of my demo reel.

somehow my gun screenshots decided to walk off on me, i'm certain i captured some screens of it. i'll have to grab some more shots some time.

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #649 on: May 22, 2009, 04:59:36 AM »
Last day of High School  ;D
In the wasteland, the sly survive and the past and present are one, the sinners rot and the future is the ultimate purgatory

Killmod/Jesse

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #650 on: June 03, 2009, 06:37:07 AM »
Don't Pooh anything we wouldn't Pooh!  ;)

Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 09, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
I have been sooooo busy lately, I seldom get to be online for more than 10 minutes. I've been managing the car wash, and putting in a lot of hours (when it's not raining). Just keeping up with things around the house, and the kids, I just don't have enough hours in the day.  In March, I stopped the other job, getting Gladys ready for school and taking care of the boss' house b/c it was just too much. The doc screamed at me b/c my blood pressure was high, and told me something had to give.
The kids are all doing well. They're now 15, 17 & 18.....and I have lost my friggin mind! I never see my computer any more, b/c they're busy fighting over it. I actually thought about unplugging it and putting it in the closet to teach them a lesson, but I just couldn't do it. I really wish I had more time to stop in and see what everyone is up to. I miss you guys. Hope everyone is doing well.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Laughinman

• Tangerine Target
  • Stupid, but still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 12, 2009, 12:37:32 AM »
i stumbled upon the unwashed village, again.
also, i need new hardware for FO3.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:08:00 AM by Laughinman »
A witty reply proves nothing.
      - Voltaire

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 12, 2009, 04:27:54 AM »
i stumbled upon the unwashed village, again.
also, i need new hardware for FO3.

Welcome back.

Oh, and hi Tink.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Starseeker

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Unwashed Doc, Back from Alpha Centuri
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2009, 06:51:44 AM »
Hello, people, how's it going?

I am doing fairly well, but my parents has hit a bit of a rough patch.  35-40 years of marriage..., if they are going to separate now, sigh.., who knows.  There is a rumor of a gf..., but again who knows.  Mid life crisis and all that jazz.  Looks like I'll be even more busy from now on, and getting really friendly with my lawyer. 

Happy Birthday to all the people I missed celebrating with! 
Starseeker, signing off.

Life is short, Fall in Love, Maiden.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 22, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »
I am doing fairly well, but my parents has hit a bit of a rough patch.  35-40 years of marriage..., if they are going to separate now, sigh.., who knows.  There is a rumor of a gf..., but again who knows.  Mid life crisis and all that jazz.  Looks like I'll be even more busy from now on, and getting really friendly with my lawyer. 

Feel free to not answer if this is prying, but why are you getting friendly with your lawyer?
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Sandru

• Wasteland Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 16, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »
Just been working and hanging out with friends when I get a chance, otherwise just spending time with my brother and nephew. CujoUV (if any of you even remember him, my brother's handle so many years ago,) had to get a divorce, and we ended up winning custody of his only son, so we're doing pretty good right now :)

And I'm getting a new computer, huzzah.

*Edit* And for Doombot, my kung fu is strong. How have you been :)

KMD

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #657 on: July 26, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
Starting college in about a month; the orientation was yesterday and was exciting!  ;D

I just Finished "The Game" by Neil Straus. I'm not going to say that this book changed my life, but it was eye-opening.

Lately, my house has resembled more of a Frat house every day it seems.

Also, i'll be taking a 2 week trip to the Northeast alone to see some family next week. Does anyone have any advice or things to do/see while i'm up there?

Killmod/Jesse

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2009, 02:29:50 AM »
That thing I was fighting a few months ago?  I lost.
My partner died just before new year and I'm not coming to terms with it.  My sister miscarried and the baby would have been born 4 days ago.
I'm homeless and jobless.  I've got debt up to my eyeballs and no way of paying it off. 
Mike, my cat, is possibly sick but I don't know for sure cause I've had to go away for a few days.

I'm drinking a lot and smoking a lot more than what's good for me. 

I'm staying with a friend who lives on the 14th floor and has a balcony. I sit on his couch.  I look out the window and think about walking over the edge.

I won't tho.  I'll just keep drinking and smoking in stead.

Anyone heard from Sweetpea? This was her last post. I've been thinking about her and hoping she's ok. Please let me know if you've heard from her.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 31, 2009, 08:39:59 PM »
My comic book guy told me that she'd been in  his shop yesterday, I don't know any more than the fact that she's still around.