Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 541434 times)

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #630 on: February 11, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »
I wub the exotic pets- got a Corehound on my alt when the patch was released (bloodlust, drums, troll racial- was at 2% hp when I tamed the bugger) and a bigass orange Ungoro raptor named Tangerine.

Not much else is going on with me, found a girlfriend I met at a paty before X-mas and things are taking their course- slowly, thanks to the whole Costa Rica vacaion and now school.

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

RottZombie

• Wasteland Denizen
  • UnWashed UnDead
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 15, 2009, 03:51:38 AM »
I'm Going too the Daytna 500 Sunday. I've been sick with lot of things. When I went Thursday for the qaulifying races I got sun burned. My favorite driver is not racing,actually I think he called it quits during the off season. Theres a 50% chance of Thunderstorms forcasted for Daytona Sunday and I still am sick.

F**K IT!

Im still going.........................
Get Paid, Get Laid, Get Nuked!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #632 on: February 16, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »
I'm Going too the Daytna 500 Sunday. I've been sick with lot of things. When I went Thursday for the qaulifying races I got sun burned. My favorite driver is not racing,actually I think he called it quits during the off season. Theres a 50% chance of Thunderstorms forcasted for Daytona Sunday and I still am sick.

F**K IT!

Im still going.........................

Daytona was ALL OVER the newspapers when I was there. Just got in about 6 hours ago from Disney World. I am SOooooooo tired... but Disney World is AWESOME. Just wish we had the ability to visit our numerous friends that are there.

I'll write more about it later but I feel so... well renewed as cliche as that may be.

Oh. I took this picture of a painting of Brugdor that I saw in the Norway section of Epcot.   
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 16, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »
Daytona was ALL OVER the newspapers when I was there. Just got in about 6 hours ago from Disney World. I am SOooooooo tired... but Disney World is AWESOME. Just wish we had the ability to visit our numerous friends that are there.

I'll write more about it later but I feel so... well renewed as cliche as that may be.

Oh. I took this picture of a painting of Brugdor that I saw in the Norway section of Epcot.   

Awww...and I didn't get you anything.

I know! A full beard pic!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:54:02 PM by Brugdor »
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 24, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
Hi all,

I'm still alive, having temporarily relocated to France on an internship of sorts. Most of my free time and money has been steadily invested in a hypnotic combination of travel and drink.

This weekend sees me in London, where I hope to take in such flagship British cultural fare as double-decker buses, Big Ben, happy slapping, and Indian food. I've been told my adventure will be chronicled by the city's cutting-edge CCTV system, with a complimentary tape of my visit available for purchase at the departures terminal of Gatwick, between the Ryanair and Easyjet booths.

(Admittedly, much of my knowledge of the UK has its roots in Daily Mail articles posted for mockery in lefty blogs).

I'm open to any and all suggestions from Brit villages on what to see, do and have done to me in this global capital of culture.

Hope this finds you well,

- A.S.S.R.

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 26, 2009, 03:16:48 PM »
I am forbidden from giving her human food.

Dog food is human consumable and vice versa.  Just no onions, chocolate, grapes, or chicken bones for the dog.  Yes, a fat dog may die a few years sooner, but it's a small price to pay for a really cute, spoiled pet.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Loveshack

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • "I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 26, 2009, 03:32:32 PM »
I don't know if it's an inability to deal with pain/death that causes some people to ignore their family or what.

Sometimes it's the kids paying back the parents, hopefully subconsciously, for some slight that the parent has long forgotten about.  It's my experience that nobody is innocent, and that sweet old lady who lives with her 12 cats?  She was young once too.

Or, if you're like me, you don't like being reminded of your own mortality.  My grandpa is in a nursing home right now and his brain is like swiss cheese from strokes.  He's 74.  When my dad or I visit him, we're in a building that reeks with the dying and the dead, looking at what is probably our genetic inheritance.  We'll be there soon enough, and we'd rather skip the preview if you get my meaning.  Still, it is unfair to gramps, which is why we do visit him occasionally.
"Nice try Horrigan!  Now... TASTE THE FURY OF VIC'S PIPE RIFLE!"

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 02, 2009, 03:48:02 AM »
Snowed in Atlanta again. Most we've had in over 12 years from what I heard. Just finished sprinkling rock salt on the driveway to try and keep it from freezing up.

*is cold*
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #638 on: March 02, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »
Spent a few hours at the Atomic Testing Museum. I got to play with radiation and see videos of Hitler. It was very Falloutish. (The museum, not Hitler) Bert the Turtle was playing in the background.

Unfortunately they wouldn't let us take photographs.

Atomic Testing Museum - Virtual Tour - Flash

Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #639 on: March 15, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »
We drove for 3 1/2 hours and then 3 1/2 hours and saw... The Clown Motel! It's one of the entries in Weird Las Vegas and Nevada. It's our goal to see all the places mentioned in the book.

But anyway... back to the hotel.

There's a clown in every room! Wouldn't that be neat to sleep and see a clown watching over you thoughout the night?

It's also next to a cemetery!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:21:24 AM by Doombot »

Larspeart

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2009, 03:28:16 AM »
I'm in the process of/debating a career change. 

I've been offered the job of Sales Director/Brand Ambassador for the 2nd largest absinthe company in the world.

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

www.myspace.com/kristopherw

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #641 on: March 20, 2009, 03:55:39 AM »
I'm in the process of/debating a career change. 

I've been offered the job of Sales Director/Brand Ambassador for the 2nd largest absinthe company in the world.

Oh nice. I knew a Brand Ambassador for tequila. He seemed to enjoy his work.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 20, 2009, 04:30:29 AM »
if i remember right.... this is almost you're dream job.

are you accepting?
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Larspeart

• Desert Nomad
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 20, 2009, 04:34:59 AM »
Yup, it is pretty much the dream.

The dream could pay a lot more then it does, but man... I am really close!

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

www.myspace.com/kristopherw

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals