Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 542120 times)

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #585 on: December 18, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »
we watched a few episodes in my hs us history class.

I'm glad to hear it. Out of curiosity, do you remember which episodes you watched?

I think "Day of Days" and "Why We Fight" would be my top two choices. Of course the inexplicably random sex scene in "Why We Fight" might rule it out of a hs classroom if it wasn't an edited version.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 20, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »
My tour of duty is up folks!!!! I am going home by very early January as opposed to Mid Feb. So yes, my 13 months of Iraq has come and I am heading home. Thank you one and all for the prayers, the gifts and the good wishes. It has been a long deployment but it is almost over.

Hoopy Frood

• Señor Vorpal Kickasso
  • Administrator
  • Unwashed Villager
  • Fnord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 20, 2008, 03:29:21 PM »
Excellent news, Carib!

And thank you for keeping us updated throughout your tour.
All right, I’ve been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 20, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
My tour of duty is up folks!!!! I am going home by very early January as opposed to Mid Feb. So yes, my 13 months of Iraq has come and I am heading home. Thank you one and all for the prayers, the gifts and the good wishes. It has been a long deployment but it is almost over.

Hehe, you know last night I actually prayed for you to check in because we hadn't heard from you in a while. It's great to see you are ok and finally heading home.  :) 8)
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 20, 2008, 08:01:40 PM »
it has been a rough and busy last few weeks. A lot of patrols, getting ready to go home (which wasn't as painful as I thought it wouldn't be here), and being ready for our replacements. But I figure what is another week. And I can't wait to head home and just rest and resettle back state side. THough I will miss some of the friends (locals) i befriended and the children out here, as I have grown up among a lot of kids I tend to have an empathy with them. But hey, its the way of it. We come and we go. I just hope they grow up happy, free and able to make the choices they wouldn't have been able to make during Saddam's reign.

But again thank you everyone for the support and the prayers.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
But again thank you everyone for the support and the prayers.

It never feels like enough to me though. What you men and women do for this country is such a great thing and you don't get nearly the credit or rewards you deserve. All I can come up with is to tell you that you're a better man that I am for having served your country like you have.

God bless you.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »

That's WONDERFUL!
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #592 on: December 23, 2008, 03:02:29 AM »
FYI! It's about 2/3 off in price.

Pick it up on Blu Ray for only $37 vs $99

Band of Brothers [Blu-ray] (2001)

I just ordered a copy.
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Night Owl

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Unwashed Film Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 23, 2008, 05:00:21 AM »
Thanks for the gift, Jen. That was really cool :)  (and not just cause I remember the song and the show)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #594 on: December 23, 2008, 05:14:58 AM »
Thanks for the gift, Jen. That was really cool :)  (and not just cause I remember the song and the show)

You're welcome. It was either going to be David Naughton or Horsack from Welcome Back Kotter.

Figured a Weird Al version of Makin' It would be funnier. =)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #595 on: December 25, 2008, 03:08:13 AM »
You know that scene in the movie...

Where the dogs are barking and the nice couple yell at the dogs to SHUT UP unaware that Jason the Ax Murderer is hiding in the closet?

Well... our two dogs have been Bat Crazy Insane over the outside closet. Turns out there's been a kitten stuck in there for nearly a week!

The door was open about a week ago and it does that from time to time. We're not sure if it's thieves not finding anything or pressure from the weather or wind.

Well... this last time, a cat (more like a kitten) must have climbed in there to escape the cold and then we shut the door unaware of the kitty in the closet.

We're giving it tuna and milk right now and security's being called so we can see if anyone's lost a kitty.

Poor thing. It was starving! =(

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 25, 2008, 04:21:07 AM »

Awwww.

Makes for a nice Christmas gift though. The kitten gets a warm bed, food, and probably a belly wub and you get a little bundle of fluffy joy on Christmas day.  8)

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #597 on: December 25, 2008, 04:50:46 AM »

Awwww.

Makes for a nice Christmas gift though. The kitten gets a warm bed, food, and probably a belly wub and you get a little bundle of fluffy joy on Christmas day.  8)

We would keep the cat but we have two dogs that would attack it. Animal control just came by anyway. We posted around the social network sites along with the information for the shelter. He said don't worry... "A young cat like this? Someone will take it."

Poor thing was hungry. We gave it tuna, salmon and milk.

AcdQueen89

• Unwashed Villager
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 01, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »
Of course the inexplicably random sex scene in "Why We Fight" might rule it out of a hs classroom if it wasn't an edited version.

i do remember a random sex scene actually. awesomest teacher in the soc department and on top of that he probably didnt care as much that year as usual due to having to move most of his family away from katrina.
In case of rapture, can I have your car?

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 01, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »
words

*stern look at Acd*

And where have you been young lady?

*stamps foot*