Author Topic: What's going on in your life?  (Read 538636 times)

A.S.S.R.

• Desert Nomad
  • The Claw!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your life?
« Reply #465 on: March 31, 2008, 02:43:17 AM »
where in europe and how can i tag along?

Montpellier, in the south of France.

It's a university town, with various schools that do all sorts of foreign exchange or transfer programs. The French are pretty big on that sort of thing.

I'd be working for an institute that's affiliated with the main technical university.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
Hey Folks!!! Well I am alive and kicking, and though things are heating up in Iraq, I am pretty much far from its reach. Know I am safe and sound and will be state side shortly for much needed R&R!!! But for now, pictures to entertain you with....

Rolls the footage.

The Swords Gate to Baghdad

Me and my Shemagh scarf thing...

Me and the native children

Again sorry that I have missed so much.

inso

• Wasteland Denizen
  • personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »
i has a domain name now.

LOOK OUT, WORLD! BWAHAHAHA!

i'll probably be putting some stuff up (ie. my demo reel) over the weekend, i've got quite a bit of printing to do for tomorrow.

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #468 on: April 23, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »
Nice pics, Carib. Hope you enjoy the homeland soil once you're back =)

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 07, 2008, 06:58:36 AM »
Yup, enjoying it and soon I'll be back to the Battlefront and ready to survive the Summer!

Tink

• Unwashed Apprentice
  • Unwashed Coffee Wench
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 09, 2008, 04:30:59 PM »
where in europe and how can i tag along?

Montpellier, in the south of France.

It's a university town, with various schools that do all sorts of foreign exchange or transfer programs. The French are pretty big on that sort of thing.

I'd be working for an institute that's affiliated with the main technical university.

Congrats! I am soo jealous. Please take lots of pics. France has some beautiful countryside....some strange ppl too! lol!
I'm only going to Arkansas this summer, but it's pretty and it's got my favorite ppl...my parents.:)

Carib-Great pics! Glad to see you're doing ok and will be stateside soon.
*HUGS* all around. Missed you guys. I just don't have time to go online much these days. When I do, it's normally to fix my computer.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

Carib

• Wasteland Denizen
  • Light Fighter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 11, 2008, 04:53:48 AM »
During my Great Journey to Massachusetts I encountered a Golden Pirate Lady...

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Too lazy to type Throwback Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 05, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »
I'll probably be a little more lurky than usual for the next little while; one of my brothers is in hospital, essentially in a coma with some signs of regaining full conciousness.  He seems to be moving deliberately but the worry is that they've spotted some severe extensive brain damage and that they won't know the effect till he's fully awake, it's a hard time for the family but we're getting through it but the reality is taking a while to sink in.

Doombot

• Unwashed Addict
  • Unwashed Photoshop Goddess
    • View Profile
    • Owl's Pals
« Reply #473 on: June 05, 2008, 02:08:09 AM »
I'll probably be a little more lurky than usual for the next little while; one of my brothers is in hospital, essentially in a coma with some signs of regaining full conciousness.  He seems to be moving deliberately but the worry is that they've spotted some severe extensive brain damage and that they won't know the effect till he's fully awake, it's a hard time for the family but we're getting through it but the reality is taking a while to sink in.

Jeez.. =(

Not a good month or two for the UV. Sorry to hear about your Brother. I'm hoping for the best.
Will I get Night Owl points for quitting but not as much for getting fired?
Will I still be a member of the Owl's Pals? I'd hate to turn in my card. It's got a real owl feather under the lamination and everything.

Night Owl: Oh, indeed. I quit many a job ...better than being fired. You can keep your card... in fact, you get double points for quitting!

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 05, 2008, 02:41:19 AM »

I hope it turns out ok for him and your family.   :'(
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

Tank

• Unwashed Journeyman
  • Rawr. Hear the kitty roar!
    • View Profile
    • The Hub
« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2008, 05:13:46 PM »
That sucks :S

*huggles TK and hopes it gets better soon*

Solwyn: Sorry to anyone here with a business degree, but I don't trust or like any of you.

Solwyn

• Staff
  • Unwashed Villager
  • This target is worth no honor
    • View Profile
    • Nathan St. Pierre.com
« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »

Jeez.. =(

Not a good month or two for the UV. Sorry to hear about your Brother. I'm hoping for the best.

/second

: ( Sorry to hear about that man.

Someone has put an entropy curse on the village.
"Honor is the combination of idealism and the practical application of
it without regard for its personal cost to you."

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 06, 2008, 07:23:40 PM »
Thanks for the positive thoughts guys, he woke up some time last night, he's still really sleepy but he's really responsive and he's asking for things, he can't talk just now because he has a tracheostomy which is different from a tracheotomy in that they can adjust it so he can speak as far as I can gather.  There's a long way to go but things are looking much more positive so fingers crossed that there's continued improvement.

Brugdor

• Unwashed Addict
  • Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 07, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »
Thanks for the positive thoughts guys, he woke up some time last night, he's still really sleepy but he's really responsive and he's asking for things, he can't talk just now because he has a tracheostomy which is different from a tracheotomy in that they can adjust it so he can speak as far as I can gather.  There's a long way to go but things are looking much more positive so fingers crossed that there's continued improvement.

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know.

Also I guess I should update a bit. My aunt passed away last weekend. I knew her but we weren't particularly close. She and my dad had been living together for years in the home that was my grandparent's place down in Florida. I'm mostly worried for my Dad and my sister. Dad is now living in the house where his parents and sister all passed away. My sister is having trouble getting through it as she was much closer to her and she actually saw my aunt's body before she was taken away.

Dad is going up North to work for the Summer which can only be a good thing. He'll get away from the house for a few months that way.

An interesting side note is that when they were going through my aunt's things they found that she had information about who her biological parents were. She and dad were both adopted. The really odd thing is that she also had the information on who dad's biological parents were...and she never told him. Now, in her defense, knowing my dad she could have asked him years ago if he wanted to know who his birth parents were and he could have said, "Not really" but it's just kind of strange. Anyway my sister and I are both very interested in getting that info for the purposes of medical history and genealogy.

Oh and I've somehow been blessed with two extremely long and restful nights of sleep in a row. I don't know why but I'm certainly not complaining.
"When planning a new picture we don't think of grown ups and we don't think of children but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall." - Walt Disney

TK

• Unwashed Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 11, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »
Sorry to hear that brug, I really feel for your sister too, I hope she'll be ok.

It's good that you have a bit more info on your family too but it would be awful if your Dad was never properly aware of who his parents were.

Sleeping is also good and I know how unusual it is for you to sleep so good for you.

On a more positive note though;  I've started seeing the most fantastic lady (she says she's outgrown girl and isn't sure of lady) she's the property manager for a castle up here which is really cool in itself but she's beautiful, funny, interested in who I am and what I want to do and really really sweet.  She is quite a bit shorter than me but I like that.

My brother is also showing a lot of improvement, he's in a normal ward now and is starting to talk even if it is pretty slow and garbled because his chest still has a fair bit of fluid in it.  My new lady came with me to the hospital and even though it was the first time she'd seen him she was very attentive and concerned enough to ask the nurse questions.

With my brother getting better and someone fantastic in my life I'm actually really happy just now, happier than I've been in quite a long time.